had a run with a 240

can i do better

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

alltracshoak

okay, tonight i had a run with my buddy's 97 nissan 240 with a twin cam KA motor..his mods are: intake and header with some suspension mods(tein) and some pretty sticky tires.i was cruising and saw him, we had a run at a safe street by a park.honestly,i felt that my car was running pretty shitty.

first gear, i have him by like 2 car lengths,2nd gear,pulled 3 car,3rd gear,like 3 1/2 car length.after installing a 1.6mm MHG,which the size was sent wrong,i felt that my car is slower than before.

i was expecting to pull harder on him than that. my mods are intake,3'' full exhaust piping,fmic,boost was set at 1 bar,act 6 puck clutch, and with a 1.6mm hg which lowered my compression ratio :x

did you think this was all that i could do or do you think i could do better if my hg wasnt so thick that way my turbo would respond better?

give me your imput

***if a cop is reading this, I JUST MADE THIS UP JUST FOR FUN just to be a postwhore :p ***

theUNYTEDone

stock HG is supposed to b 1.4mm, iirc. it could be you've got less compression due to a thicker one, which in turn will make for less compression.

as far as racing the 240, i think alltracs like ours (our setups are pretty similar. near exact, but you've got about 1psi on me)...

my opinion, i think you should've nuked that 240...yeah they're a torquey 2.4L, but... :shrug:

alltracshoak

i dont know, if given till the end or 3rd gear and go to fourth, i might be like 4-5 car lengths ahead...i guess that's all i can do no matter the hg size? iirc stock was 1mm?

bloodMoney

keep in mind too that 3rd gear is where these cars really begin to open up imo. it may just be me but 1st and 2nd feel very short. but I'm also running stock boost. when shes running... :shoots:

~bloodMoney

gpmarzan

I havent really raced my bro with his 240 but those things are pretty torquey. They are lighter compare to our pigs and it seemed like pulled equally, or maybe harder :shrug: , than my alltrac. Though with the 50 trim upgrade, the alltrac def pulls way harder than his.

alltracshoak

gpmarzan":1g2mw1pz said:
I havent really raced my bro with his 240 but those things are pretty torquey. They are lighter compare to our pigs and it seemed like pulled equally, or maybe harder :shrug: , than my alltrac. Though with the 50 trim upgrade, the alltrac def pulls way harder than his.
thing is, im still on the stock ct26 trim. no upgrade at all.either that, i guess my car just need some time to break everything in properly as tonight, i feel it pulls harder.

theUNYTEDone

ah, guess i was wrong about our near identical setups, then...

true, i've not run against or driven a 240...but NA ones don't even like to be next to me on the street... :shrug:

glad to hear your car is improving. mine was like that with my MBC.

etantshi

theUNYTEDone":1yd75rxm said:
stock HG is supposed to b 1.4mm, iirc. it could be you've got less compression due to a thicker one, which in turn will make for less compression.

lol