first time autox july 22

SowndWave

I've been autox'n for 8 events now and the main thing i've learned from the experienced chaps is seat time and become a better driver!

Parts are useless if you can't use them, become a better driver and you can do wonders with a stock car.

Since you already have the sway bar in, I found it works best on the loosest setting with stock springs/shocks. You wont transfer the weight as hard and have the back end trying to slide out on you when you start throwing the weight of the car around in a slalom or something. Also with a softer setting there is less chance you will raise that inner rear tire when cornering and feel that "slip" when turning as both tires will stay planted.

Tire pressures; I have 205/50R15 Falked Azenis RT-615 and I run 38 in front, 33 in the rear. They do seem a bit odd, but I've been chalking them all the time and they are using the tread perfectly, as well as giving me a good balance with the car's turn in response. Quite frankly, they grip stupidly well.

Other than that, I think my expenditure is investing in a 4pt harness to keep me seated, and some good racing shoes to feel the pedals better.