08' Civic Si

Road race, Auto X, or the Drag Strip

Postby CSAlltrac » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:13 pm

I have alot of freinds that worship honda and vtech and are alway talkin smack.I look at it this way if your looking at an older honda 90s for example,all the ones that are fast have a different motor than what came factory.I always joke around and tell them hondas are like legos....very easy to work on and very easy to make fast.I dont know about some of you guys but i love the challenge of making a 16 or 20 year old car with technology way ahead of its time fast,i mean you have to know what your doing to get power out of our cars.The new ones are of course gonna have an advantage on us their R and D is fresh.
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
ALLTRAC AT FIRST SIGHT
CSAlltrac
Established Member

Postby hacker_720 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:54 pm

5thgenbliss wrote:ahh, the 3.2TL. What year do you have? i just let mine go in December. I tell you that car was a nice 4door. The 6spd stick with the brembos up front was a sweet ride for in any price range really. in the twisties its a big car for sure but i've thrown my TL around with confidence. Hopefully by the summer i will have my RC in top working order and have built confidence in the car for me to fully enjoy it:) I can't be foolish and push my luck with the car since its my daily driver and i'm still locking down my budgets for maintanence/repair and for upgrades; sourcing good parts suppliers etc.

Oh, no, nothing as nice as that, I have the first gen 3.2tl, it's a 96, automatic. I wish it was the type s with the 6-speed. But I just use it for my daily driver, it's got 270 000kms on it and not a thing wrong with it, the leather is still like new, I've been really impressed with it and highly recommend it to anyone looking for a "beater"
BOTTLE ARE FOR BABIES...REAL MEN GET BLOWN
1990 ST185 2.2Lt
hacker_720
Established Member

Postby 88st165 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:26 pm

killer_siller has an 07 si sedan.... maybe ill ask him to run it against my trac, but my car is not really "stock" (though i like to say it is) so i guess that wont help with your situation at all.... but im still gen1 motor and your gen2 so maybe it might be a similar comparison :shrug:
Red st165 - Garage Queen turned wannabe track rat
White st165 - slapping back together and hoping for the best
Black st165 - gone
2011 FA5 - Family Truckster
88st165
Established Member

Postby wizzards581 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:10 pm

im guessing if the honda has light mods... you will get kill on top end. the new k20's have alot of potential.
-90 celica turbo All-Trac (sold)
-03 matrix XR
wizzards581
Established Member

Previous

Return to Racing Chat