need help on dragging for tonight

GT4TOY

Thinking of going to the drags for the first time tonight and enter my project car.

The car has a little problem, hits a cut when redlining 4th gear (5th as well, but all others are fine), not 100% sure what it is tho.

What I need to know is would I be hitting redline (or within 1grand of it) doing a 1/4 mile?

Mods (that matter) are:
FMIC
HKS PFC F-CON
Adjustable FPR
3" S/S exhaust (1 muffler, no cats)
3" down pipe
high flowed turbo with to4e wheel
dual stage boost controller set at 10/15psi
BOV
pod filter with striaght intake (batt in boot)
cold air box
custom earthing kit
stripped interior (nothing from the front seats back)
lightened rear bumper, and fibreglass front bumper (without the steel supports) nice and light

I think thats all (bit tired at the moment...brains gone to sleep :? )

the engine internals are stock at the moment

wont be running more than 15psi on this.

So do you guys think I'll hit redline in 4th? (this is the first time I've done the drags, just a fair bit of road racing when I was younger (tut tut))

Thanks,

Gus.

RIalltrac

not to sound like a jerk or anything, but wouldnt your car hitting redline be directly related to you allowing it to hit redline? Car cant hit redline if you pull your foot off the gas

GT4TOY

RIalltrac":2gscugnd said:
not to sound like a jerk or anything, but wouldnt your car hitting redline be directly related to you allowing it to hit redline? Car cant hit redline if you pull your foot off the gas

yes...that is true. But if I'm going to take it to a drag strip I want to be able to go hard so to speak. if I can't push it thru all the gears, to the max benifet, then there's not much point going to the drags...would prefer to wait until that is sorted out.

No point getting a time slip if its not to the true potential of the car.

Tho I suppose I could just back off if I'm getting thru the gears to quick and call it quit's there and then.

I just don't know what the gearing is like on these cars for drags....never done it before (even tho I'm building one up for drags!!!)

I basically just wana know if I'll hit redline (with redlining all the prev gears) in 4th (or even change up to 5th) when I cross the finish line.

thanks.
Gus.