Got my arse handed to me last night..

gt4tified

but in my defence it was a R33 GT-R Skyline! lol

We both took off from standstill and until shifting to second I was with him but with 500cc's, two cylinders and one turbo more than I had, it was bye-bye alltrac.....the closest I managed to stay (@12psi) was about 200feet behind! Actually, I know I had no chance, and I let off early since I've been blowing off intercooler hoses at anything past 12 psi.

gt4tified

Nope white...and after bragging in work of how I got my arse licked, I found out that that R33 is one of the fastest skylines that we have here on the island. 8)

lumbercis

What are your mods? I think you'd need more than 12psi to tangle with a skyline. :doh:

But hey, +1 for being honest.

J.

gt4tified

Meurz":2fxoz1r9 said:
gt4tified":2fxoz1r9 said:
I've been blowing off intercooler hoses at anything past 12 psi.
Then buy decent clamps?! :shrug:

Clamps cost me almost (in your currency) $5 each, and unfortunately all my money is going in my mud project - a sammi. So feel free to donate to a worthy cause. In any event anything above 14 psi is fuel cut. :doh:

$200GT-4

A stock GT-R Skyline isn't that damn quick, they're pigs too ya know. I raced a stockish R32 GTR in my supercharged AE111 Trueno and aside from the 2 car launch he put on me I stayed with him until about halfway through 3rd when my incercooler pipe blew off. :doh:

I'm not saying you should be ashamed of losing to him, and it's not that I don't admire/respect the GTR, it's just that people have a tendency to think too highly of them. Especially the 33's, worst Skyline ever! It's just another sports car that never made it to the states.

That doesn't change the fact that I want an R32 Skyline in my garage (I want a garage too).

klue

$200GT-4":3o4ujjg8 said:
A stock GT-R Skyline isn't that damn quick, they're pigs too ya know. I raced a stockish R32 GTR in my supercharged AE111 Trueno and aside from the 2 car launch he put on me I stayed with him until about halfway through 3rd when my incercooler pipe blew off. :doh:

I'm not saying you should be ashamed of losing to him, and it's not that I don't admire/respect the GTR, it's just that people have a tendency to think too highly of them. Especially the 33's, worst Skyline ever! It's just another sports car that never made it to the states.

That doesn't change the fact that I want an R32 Skyline in my garage (I want a garage too).

You have obviously never driven one.

$200GT-4

You obviously have low standards for fast cars. On my new build in the Trueno I raced an RB26 powered (boosting 1.2bar, FMIC, full exhaust, 264/272 cams, PFC tuned) 180SX with a good bit more power than a stock Skyline and A LOT less weight. His FR outlaunched my FF and once we got to 3rd he stopped pulling on me. I think I've seen enough firsthand to get an accurate idea of where they stand. I've also ridden in them before, they're not God's chariot but I still wouldn't mind having one.

etantshi

$200GT-4":1uvrc0sx said:
You obviously have low standards for fast cars. On my new build in the Trueno I raced an RB26 powered (boosting 1.2bar, FMIC, full exhaust, 264/272 cams, PFC tuned) 180SX with a good bit more power than a stock Skyline and A LOT less weight. His FR outlaunched my FF and once we got to 3rd he stopped pulling on me. I think I've seen enough firsthand to get an accurate idea of where they stand. I've also ridden in them before, they're not God's chariot but I still wouldn't mind having one.

What turbo did that 180 have? Stock twins? Or single turbo?

$200GT-4

Stock twins. Don't miss the point I'm trying to make, that the stock GT-R is NOT that fast. Especially when its motor, with ample bolt-ons in a lighter chassis, has similar top end to a supercharged 1.6L (with lots of bolt ons).

gt4tified

$200GT-4":2edbfws7 said:
Stock twins. Don't miss the point I'm trying to make, that the stock GT-R is NOT that fast. Especially when its motor, with ample bolt-ons in a lighter chassis, has similar top end to a supercharged 1.6L (with lots of bolt ons).

You're comparing apples to oranges afaic. 1.2 bar is where the party now starts for a rb26. I'm sure if that skyline was pushing 1.5 bar you'd be smelling his fumes all the way.

Don't take this the wrong way - I'm not a fan of any nissan and I'm very true to my toytota, but I'm a realist. I've seen RB26's put the whoop @ss on 1JZ-GTE powered cars with drivers switching vehicles...we can talk on this all year long about kills but I won't.

$200GT-4

You missed the point. A STOCK GTR is slow. Period. Just like a stock GT-4 is slow. Yes, the GTR is faster stock for stock but it's still slow, that's the point I'm trying to make. Almost anything's fast when you boost 1.5.

RafaCalde

i'm getting a r34 gtr one day, to me that car is speed and looks. to have a rear wheel drive car that lets the front wheels kick in every once in a while is an awesome idea. i'm gonna try to get it in white to match my 185. and if i could find a vspec 2, i'm all over it.

No Spin

A couple of years ago, I tried to follow an obviously modified early '92 R32 onto a highway from a stop light. At first I thought that I had broken all 4 axles on my GT4, but it turned out to be an optical illusion because of how fast he pulled away from me. I actually looked sideways to make sure I was moving and the tach/speedo wasn't lying...

When I reached the speed limit I let off and cruised...that RB26 must have had at least a couple of hundred HP on my stock 3SGTE. I found out who it was later and he had been running low 12s. I know a stock GTR should be handle a stock GT4, but that beast was crazy.