Raced a Mazdaspeed 3!!

Guess what I raced guys... I just went shift for shift with a Mazdaspeed 3 tonight!! Well almost at least :p. Allow me to explain.

I was traveling on the highway doing about 70 mph when I spot this Mazdaspeed 3 come zooming past me (no pun intended lol). So I thought to myself...hmmmm...I have an all-trac...it's kinda fast...I should go see what that guys got. Now I've test driven the Mazdaspeed 3 and for those of you who don't know it's a 2.3 liter 263 horsepower. front wheel drive, turbocharged 4 cylinder....I should have lost. So back to the story. I come flying up on this guys bumper in third gear and I guess he's thinkin that I'm driving a gt-s or something cuz he doesn't go. So I gotta do al little convincing. So we come around this bend and I hit it full throttle. He's in the outside lane and he decides to nail it also, except since his car is front wheel drive he can't take the bend any faster than about 45 mph. I start out behind him in the bend but then I nail it, and while he's doing about 45 in the outside lane of the bend, I accelerate hard to the inside corner (While were in the middle of the bend mind you) and the Trac' just hooks and I do about 60 mph or so thru the bend and accelerate out hard. So we exit the bend and by now I think he's wondering "What the hell was that" lol cuz he decides he wants to punch it now and I'm still punching it hard. So were flying now and I'm running through all my gears 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th...and he's can't pull on me. So I get the Trac' up to about 110 and back off it. I've got a huge smile on my face now cuz I'm like "HELL YEAH DUDE!!!!" lol. So he's comes flyiin up beside me now and he's like Aw man! Is that an All-Trac! and I'm like lol yeah. And all he can do is just give me a thumbs up lol. So I exit full of pride at what our Celicas can do. So there it is. Keep in mind that my Trac' is completely stock by the way. Just a short throw shifter by TWM (which performed superbly by the way.) So yes folks. It's gonna take more than a 263hp turbocharged Mazda to put an All-Trac Down!!! :D

GT4times2

What color is your Alltrac? What year? I'm in South Florida. Not too many Alltrac guys. A few in SW Broward, near me and one in Palm Beach (Dont remember his name, :p )...Would you happen to be the black ST185 I've seen on Pines, that worked at ADvance Auto Parts?

TomsGT4

Yeah that's a good feeling when they realize 4WD Turbocharged... oops!

I had a run in with a 3 about a year back.
Was catching up on him, but I backed off after he got a little stupid going into traffic full throttle.

Yeah it was a pretty sweet race. I've got some super sticky BF Goodriches on the car right now and I don't think I'll ever put anything else on the car lol. I actually went to a car show today and saw a crapload of 3's there. Those things sure lay down some serious power when they have work done to them lol.

good job man! im glad he wasnt all 'errrr im a poor loser ricer waaa' its nice when others can respect oldschool machines! keep up the good work!
-Rook

LoL thanks. Yeah he seemed pretty cool about it actually. Took his loss like a man I guess lol j/k. I'm really impressed with how well my car (and all of our cars) perform from factory. I took it for a little spin in my business park and the handling was unreal (in part to my super sticky BF's). I hang corners at almost 55 mph with very little tire squeal! :D. Can't wait to start my performance work and suspension work!

CodingParadox

Sorry to burst your bubble but a speed3 outhandles an alltrac, at least with stock suspension. There's a reason a speed3 is D-Stock and an alltrac is G-Stock. :p Just because it's FWD doesn't mean it can't handle.

Yeah well I've driven both cars and I beg to differ lol. Albeit the Speed3 handles very well it can't take the bend that I was referring to as well as my All-Trac does. But we're all entitled to our opinion. :D

CodingParadox

Tires, driver, conditions. Tit for tat, a stock MS3 will beat out a stock AT around a bend and then in the straight line after it. I don't know what you've done to your car, so it's certainly possible YOUR AT does better than it. ;-)

TomsGT4

I didn't think mine handled all that well stock compared to some of these *new* modle cars until I put in a rear bar, shocks, etc, etc...
Now it will out handle a 3 :)