Raced a 93 civic hatch w/ b18GSR

TozeN

So I was cruising around last night in my half-trac, running stock boost. Stopped to grab a coffee from my local timmies, on my way out of the parking lot some dude, Yelled, "hey you" so I stopped... Sure enought buddy walks up to my car and says, You wanna run that thing.. Of course I said yes without actually thinking what I was saying yes to... So to continue my cockyness I said how much you wanna race for. Then asked what he was driving... Points over to his civic, well here we go... I hate civics. No offence to anyone who likes them. I just like being different..
At this point buddy is just talking shit cause he thinks im like every other moron who puts a muffler on their car and treats it like a race car... So he figured he would put me in my place in front of all his friends at his local hangout. After I mentioned money, he wanted to see under my hood. So i figured id let mr.civic know whats up... Knowing I had an alltrac engine in my GT he started talking about racing an alltrac last year, saying because it was AWD he couldn't catch him off the line. (its mine now, and had a 1st gen in it..)Anyways, no money offered, I followed him to his spot.. I have seen civics like this do 13s so i was kinda worried about looking like an idiot. But off we went.... We lined up, bunch of his friends around non of mine. I dont care much tho.. Well, we lines up.. His buddy dropped his arms. And I launched harder then I ever have... smoking my tires till about 3600-4000 and then it hooked. I was gone, civic watch my tails... :) Well after kicking his ass I went back and shook his hand, and talked about how fast my celica was. After talking with a few people there, found that buddy hasn't been beat with that civic and was thinking it was the fastest shit in town.... What else can I expect in a city with 25k... I loved every minute of it.

TozeN

I ran into the dude at the bar tonight and we got talking.. Apparently his civic is dynoed at 245 to the wheels? Is this right? What kinda mods would this engine need to get 245 at the wheels? And wouldn't he smoke me? So guys, tell me is this guy talking shit or am I underestimating my celica.? Other then a full exhaust and cone filter my celica is stock. running 10-11 psi.

METDeath

It can be done, both as an NA build up, and a turbo set up. I have a friend that had a NA build up, he got around 250 wheel HP, before spray, he never dyno'd it on spray though.

i have respect for built civics, but it dont mean i gotta like em. they can be fast with the right toys, (and amount of money) i hate the people that give cars a bad image. to me its all about the driver and his respect for the car its self. im infuriated when i see a lil 240 or sumthin go by wit sum douche drivin thinkin hes top shit with his fart can and craptastic wing and hubcaps..... :x -end rant