Jan 22 RallyCross in CT

Road race, Auto X, or the Drag Strip

Jan 22 RallyCross in CT

Postby chregan » Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:40 pm

The first event of the 2005 NER RallyCross Championship will be on Saturday, January 22nd at Stafford Motor Speedway, in Stafford Springs, Connecticut. The parking lot is large and smooth, and with a little cooperation from Mother Nature, we should be on a long snow packed and groomed course. This would be a great opportunity for the solo and race folks to get out and get an off-season adrenaline fix!
Entry form is posted at http://www.geocities.com/rally-man/StaffordRxReg.html . More information, such as hotels and directions will be posted on the NER.org website http://www.ner.org within a couple of days, keep checking back for updates.

Come out and see what the Alltrac was built for with little risk of damaging your car.

-Chris
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
'88 st165 RallyCross monster
chregan
Club Member

Postby k_trac » Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:57 pm

So is this course going to be the same setup as a soloII event? It looks a lot more expensive, but I bet it will be more fun!

Maybe Ill have my ST205 swap done by then...I would love to go tear shit up!
The Screamer - '90 Red Alltrac - ST205 swap, 3" MP, 3" catback, intake, spec III clutch - FOR SALE $7000
The Sipper - '92 VW Jetta EcoDiesel

You scratched my CD!!!
k_trac
Club Member

Postby chregan » Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:51 pm

Think of RallyCross as an Autocross run on dirt instead of a smooth, flat parking lot. Lots more wheelspin and sideways driving. Throw some snow down and it really gets slippery.
The price has to do with the location. It's very hard to find places willing to let RallyCrosses run and even more so outside of VT, NH, and ME. This is the first ever event outside of those states for this region.

Hope you can make it. You won't be disappointed.

-Chris
'88 st165 RallyCross monster
chregan
Club Member

Return to Racing Chat