Switch to full style
Road race, Auto X, or the Drag Strip
Post a reply

my alltrac can kill mustang trannys bwuahaha

Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:01 pm

Ok I didn't know where to put this story so im like ill just throw it on here.

My 'trac has been slowly recovering with a few tasty mods (new rims, full exhaust, 14psi) yum. so I took it out for a spin around the block to grab some grub when I notice a rally blueish looking 00-02 mustang with huge nasty chrome rims and HIDs tailing me kinda aggresively. So on the next uphill that we turn on, I floor it and im not gunna lie it felp bomb going that fast on an uphill. I see that I pretty much looked like a douche and layed off but i see in my rear view this 'stang. and he blows right by me like a mad man. So I'm like ok, lets play =]. at the next light we line up. and I have my foot feathering the throttle and already in gear seeing if this guy takes off.

As soon as the light turns green. I wait for him to make his move and I hear him revv his shit and im ready to roll but all of a sudden i heard a loud. KAAAH! and a loud whirrling sound. and he immediately pulls over with his hazards on. I flip a bitch and pull up behind him to see if he needed any help.

I ask what happ and he says that his car doesnt wanna go into gear. I check inside his car and see that its an automatic and kinda laugh to myself. I shake his hand and give him the best of luck and take off.

Silly mustang, launches are for all-tracs.

end of story.
Members don't see the above ad. Register now

Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:16 pm

:doh:

Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:01 am

lolz....sometimes awd launches can kill your tranny...just like how mines did..

Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:10 am

apparently 2wd launches kill mustangs too XD. I feel bad for the kid. he was like WTF mate.

Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:17 pm

he's probably one of those guys that tries to use his automatic like a manual.

Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:13 pm

RafaCalde wrote:he's probably one of those guys that tries to use his automatic like a manual.

:lol:

Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:59 pm

"Silly Mustang, Launches are for Alltracs."

:lol:

Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:28 pm

so karma has caught up with me (I guess)

My clutch finally gave out on the Trac' :cry: :cry: :cry:

gahh it makes me sad about all the time, blood and cursing that I will endure trying to replace that thing.

Any recommendation. Im thinking of the ACT Heavy Duty Street disk and pressure place

Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:06 am

get the 6 puck sprung disc. that's good for almost 400 torque

Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:52 am

when you are ready to do the swapp on the clutch i am willing to help. i have a hoist and all the tools needed. btw i picked up an exedy oem replacement for 100 dollars in brea.

Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:49 am

Rpz123isme wrote:when you are ready to do the swapp on the clutch i am willing to help. i have a hoist and all the tools needed. btw i picked up an exedy oem replacement for 100 dollars in brea.

Hey man, I would totally be grateful to have someone help out on the car. Man I should have moved it to where it was need to get fixed before it gave out. It still runs but it slips VERY VERY bad. like I mean almost 90% release on the clutch to engage and it slips like mad. If I was able to get the car moved would I be able to take it to your place and work on it with you there?
Post a reply