Switch to full style
Road race, Auto X, or the Drag Strip
Post a reply

Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:12 am

that's a great 60' time.
i wouldn't get wrapped up on reaction time unless you want to get into bracket racing.
Members don't see the above ad. Register now

Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:19 pm

WarTowels wrote:Well it's not "really" 15psi, it really depends on what the turbo feels like doing.

And if it ever gets up to 15 it's only for a bit. It's generally more around 11.

Thank you for the kind words.

My next mod is going to be an EBC hoping that will steady out my boost, I'll set it to 14psi and put my tires down to 25psi and see if I can shave a few tenths off.

-Towels

You have the ATS external wastegate kit on there right? Do you have a wideband on your car?

Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:21 pm

vip09 wrote:You have the ATS external wastegate kit on there right? Do you have a wideband on your car?

No. It is internally gated.

I have a wideband, but it's not wired up yet.

-Towels

Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:35 pm

I would save some money for the ATS external kit before I bought a boost controller. The internal wastegate on that turbo is horrible.

BTW.. my stock fuel system was maxing out at 13psi.. it would start leaning out to 12.3 to 12.5:1 AFR

Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:04 pm

I feel like I could make my own kit, if I could get someone to build me a screamer pipe.

I don't really feel like taking my turbo off though... so I may get a EBC to help maintain boost out of pure laziness. Plus I'm saving up for some non car related things so money is tighter.

-Towels

Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:49 am

http://www.gregwhitedesign.com/Videos/TowelsDrag.swf

^My first run, a 14.2, iirc.

That's vs. a turbo tC, btw.

-Towels

Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:33 pm

Nice run towels!

nice rip on the Tc. Awww I want my car running damnit!!!!
Post a reply