VR4

Road race, Auto X, or the Drag Strip

Postby Ervin_S » Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:06 am

easy....easy...........can't all cars just live in harmony........ :D :D

Point proven :wink:
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
Ervin_S
Club Member

Postby MATT-S » Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:40 pm

I have 2 JDM GTO's sitting on my drive at the moment, one is stock and the other is slightly modified (3.5" exhaust with twin tail pipes, single cat, hks pods and avc-r) I have owned my four from stock and it now has gutted cat, hks 1mm hg, ct20b, spec clutch, hks pod and probably a few other things that I can't remember running at 14psi. The GTO's are definately faster and very torquey, the interior is a lot nicer and they are really nice looking cars. But unless i'm on a long open road the four is better. I think that on the small country roads we have here in Wales the four will run rings around the big gto, they are 6'6" wide!!! and they feel really bulky and inprecise, they are very fast on boost but they are laggy as hell below 4k and the gearing is far too tall, also the suspension is very hard, even on tour mode, and although it handles well it feels very skitish and on the edge.
My choice would be GTO for long fast runs and the four for nipping about and point to point acceleration.
Cheers
Matt
MATT-S
Club Member

Postby SuperWhite92 » Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:42 pm

Hey guys-

Which one is easier to work on, the GT4 or the VR4?
Shaun
My 1992 Alltrac is for sale again.
SuperWhite92
GTFour God

Postby CMS-GT4 » Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:20 pm

The engine bay looks more crowded then an alltrac bay.
Coldiron
92 st185 (205 swap) | 03 350Z Track (sold) | 13 Pilot | 17 Mazda3
www.noritoy.com | noritoy.deviantart.com | http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891
CMS-GT4
GTSilver Member

1992 Toyota Celica

Postby MATT-S » Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:34 pm

The engine bay is a lot more crowded on the gto, but it's mainly hoses and things up on top, there is quite a lot of room beneath it all, so i would say it's about the same, but the plugs on the rear bank of the v6 are quite a lot of work for something that is routine.
Cheers
Matt
MATT-S
Club Member

Alltrac and VR4's engine bays

Postby SolomonMartin » Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:53 pm

The two at a glance seen about the same, but Matt5 is right. It's mostly the I/C hoses in the Stealth/VR4. The All-Trac is probably more packed just because the space occupied in the bay is filled with objects that are more difficult to remove. And yeah, doing your spark plugs SUCKS on the VR4/Stealth. It took me fifteen minutes to do the front three and another eight and a half hours to change the back three and put everything back together. Lot's of fun... Had to remove the Intercoolers piping, the upper intake, the pipe that joins the two I/C pipes to the upper intake...
SolomonMartin

Postby MARLON1211 » Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:00 pm

MATT-S wrote:I have 2 JDM GTO's sitting on my drive at the moment, one is stock and the other is slightly modified (3.5" exhaust with twin tail pipes, single cat, hks pods and avc-r) I have owned my four from stock and it now has gutted cat, hks 1mm hg, ct20b, spec clutch, hks pod and probably a few other things that I can't remember running at 14psi. My choice would be GTO for long fast runs and the four for nipping about and point to point acceleration.
Cheers
Matt

Hows the 20b in out Tracs compared to the 26, did it made alot of difference, cause am thinking of buying one this summer. Is it worth it.
SO BE IT
MARLON1211
Established Member

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:24 pm

Hi Marlon,
The 20b is much, much better than the 26, if you aren't looking for too much power it's brilliant. I can't beleive that Toyota could make 2 turbos that are outwardly similar but perform so differently. The 20b is a little laggier but it is worth it in the long run, especially at higher boost. I reckon you would see a noticeable improvement in power just from fitting the 20b and retaining the standard boost, and the more you turn it up the better it gets.
You'll notice the car feels raw, and a lot more like a rally car than a subdued tamed road car.
Hope that helps
Matt

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:33 pm

DOH that last post was me Marlon, I forgot to log on.
Cheers
matt

Postby MATT-S » Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:43 pm

BLOODY LOG ON!!! :x
MATT-S
Club Member

its me

Postby MARLON1211 » Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:50 am

Anonymous wrote:DOH that last post was me Marlon, I forgot to log on.
Cheers
matt

I was the one who ask the question, I dont know who you are.
Matt, thanks for the reply by the way.
Marlon1211....
SO BE IT
MARLON1211
Established Member

Re: its me

Postby Gary » Sat Jan 29, 2005 8:15 am

MARLON1211 wrote:
Anonymous wrote:DOH that last post was me Marlon, I forgot to log on.
Cheers
matt

I was the one who ask the question, I dont know who you are.
Matt, thanks for the reply by the way.
Marlon1211....

That was also Matt. :P
93 ST185
Gary
GTFour God

Previous

Return to Racing Chat