5th gen Front bumper fog light part number?

underscore":pekj0otn said:
"Kouki" is generally used to refer to pre-facelift (for the 5th gen that's 90-91) and "Zenki" for post-facelift (so 92-93). I think the S-chassis guys starting using it first to try and sound JDM tyte or something.

+1 on JDM tyte. I forget who had the sig quote on their profile that said, "Everytime kouki comes out of someones mouth it should be followed up with a slap to the face." Haha

crackerjack":pekj0otn said:
I figured out the fog lights after searching at the junk yard high and low.
This is what I found.
90 to 91 are the bigger ones that sits behind the bumper grill. I believe they are Koiku fog lights?(not sure of spelling)

92 and up Celica depending on month of production use and smaller version of the big boy but sits closer and not so far appart. Underneath the bumper, there are 2 sets of holes to screw both version in.

Think you got the years mixed a bit but basically ;) Meant to do this last night, correct the info if it's wrong:

1990-1991 GT/GTS
syy2aa.jpg

1992-1993 GT
1eorqr.jpg

1990-93 AllTrac / 1992-1993 GTS
2u9pmqp.jpg

crackerjack

:D
Mine is a 91 Alltrac, so I thought thats when it came out cause it has the bigger lights behind the bumper grill.
didn't realize that non alltrac don't get the goodies.

My co worker have a 92 GTS and it has the bigger ones. He is the original owner with 90000KM on it and never
winter driven.

Cheers.

crackerjack":2hpp0x6y said:
My co worker have a 92 GTS and it has the bigger ones. He is the original owner with 90000KM on it and never
winter driven.

Woah. That has to be mint inside and out. Very cool. And yeah, you’re right about the Alltracs, all years had the big ones :thumbsup:

michaelb

shadow_coupe":23a7daun said:
Maybe I missed someone mentioning this but it should be noted there are 3 different foglight options's at play here. The original set OP is searching for are the 92-93 GT fogs. The ones @Magoo posted working in the CS bumper are 90-91 GT/GTS specific; slightly smaller and sharper corners than the facelifted fog's. The Alltrac units were as mentioned, much wider than both and specific to only the Alltrac/92+ GTS bumpers. Technically ST's never came with fogs unless they were added as an option... or you pillaged a junkyard like me :D

I went through the same trial and unfortunate error on both my ST and AllTrac trying all the options haha. Just wanted to save someone the same misfortune.

I too have wasted money and bought the wider fog lights by mistake. My 93 celica has the same bumper as the first post. so those are the 92-93 lights? I seem to be able to find two smaller lights online. Some celicas have them far apart like mine but some are closer together in the middle of the bumper. Are these the same part.

Ideally a part number would be great if possible. Thanks in advance. Michael. UK

michaelb":19dk78s2 said:
shadow_coupe":19dk78s2 said:
Maybe I missed someone mentioning this but it should be noted there are 3 different foglight options's at play here. The original set OP is searching for are the 92-93 GT fogs. The ones @Magoo posted working in the CS bumper are 90-91 GT/GTS specific; slightly smaller and sharper corners than the facelifted fog's. The Alltrac units were as mentioned, much wider than both and specific to only the Alltrac/92+ GTS bumpers. Technically ST's never came with fogs unless they were added as an option... or you pillaged a junkyard like me :D

I went through the same trial and unfortunate error on both my ST and AllTrac trying all the options haha. Just wanted to save someone the same misfortune.

I too have wasted money and bought the wider fog lights by mistake. My 93 celica has the same bumper as the first post. so those are the 92-93 lights? I seem to be able to find two smaller lights online. Some celicas have them far apart like mine but some are closer together in the middle of the bumper. Are these the same part.

Ideally a part number would be great if possible. Thanks in advance. Michael. UK
If you post a picture of yours plus your VIN, we can provide you what the original part numbers are, and what models originally came with them. If you want to PM me with that information (if you don't want to share a VIN in this forum), that is fine too.

underscore

That looks like a pre-facelift (90-91) front bumper. Does anyone know if the part numbers are stamped on the lights anywhere? I have a set sitting loose I can check.

On that note, how are people mounting them in the RC/CS bumper? I see a couple tabs that look like they're intended to hold something like fog lights in those pockets but I can't see any way to actually get a screw in there with the light in place and it seems like it would be pretty bouncy/prone to failure compared to the big metal brackets off the donor car.

michaelb":3q8vu1z3 said:
This is my car. I will pm you with the VIN. thanks for your help. M.
https://ibb.co/4Tb9YxY
Your VIN tells me the following:
- Market: Europe (w/Catalyzer)
- Date of Manufacture: 08/1993
- Grade: GTI
- Body: Liftback
- Shape: NOB (Normal Body)
- Driver's Position: RHD
- Engine: 3S-GE
- Transmission: Manual
- Color Code: 749
- Trim Code: N/A
- Model Code: ST182R-BLMGFG

If this is correct, then the attach view shows the fog light part numbers associated with this VIN. Also attached is a view of what possible donors for fog light assemblies for you would be.

Also, and interesting, I have a 1993 Celica GT convertible (see attached pic). If you look at the bumper and fog light, it would appear what I have on my convertible would be a perfect match for what you need. However, per the same view of fog light part numbers for my convertible, they are completely different.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 93 Celica GT Convertible Fog LIght.jpg
    93 Celica GT Convertible Fog LIght.jpg
    245.7 KB · Views: 1,555
  • Donor Options for Fogs for 1993 GLI.jpg
    Donor Options for Fogs for 1993 GLI.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 1,555
  • 93 Celica GLI Fog Light Assembly.jpg
    93 Celica GLI Fog Light Assembly.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 1,555

michaelb

ok, thanks for looking that up.

The mystery continues. I bought fog lights from ebay and they seem to be the wrong ones but look like those in the diagram.

I have to take the front bumper off this weekend to fix the headlamp washers so will have a look at the back of the bumper and see if the lights I have are actually the correct ones.

My bumper looks like yours so maybe the bumper has been changed at some point and isn't the original one?

I did a little more research, but will not pursue further.

The fog lamp brackets you need have the same part numbers as the fog lamp brackets on my 93 Celica GT convertible. But the lamp units (everything but the bracket) have differing part numbers.

I checked the part number for my bumper cover vs. yours - they are also different. You have two options; one with and one without headlight washer nozzles. But even a bumper cover for a 93 GTI is not the same part number as I have on my 93 GT Convertible.

Attached are images of the lamp assemblies (including brackets) that are called out for your model. They are still being sold as NOS. So you have options.

Remember, just getting the fog lights alone are not the end state. You should have a partial wiring harness there that will plug into your fog lights at the bumper. But you need a fog light switch for your dash. And you need the fog light relay module setup as well. On USDM LHD Celica's, the fog light relay module setup is located behind the passenger side kick panel. Perhaps that is where yours should be also, just the opposite side of where mine are.

Hope this all helps. Good luck!

Attachments

• 93 Celica GTI Lamp Assy, Fog, LH (81220-20290)B.jpg
    93 Celica GTI Lamp Assy, Fog, LH (81220-20290)B.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 1,553
  • 93 Celica GTI Lamp Assy, Fog, LH (81220-20290).jpg
    93 Celica GTI Lamp Assy, Fog, LH (81220-20290).jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 1,553
  • 93 Celica GTI Lamp Assy, Fog, RH (81210-20300).jpg
    93 Celica GTI Lamp Assy, Fog, RH (81210-20300).jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 1,553

michaelb

I really appreciate all that. You've solved something that's been pestering me for ages.

Thanks so much for taking the time to do that.

Michael.