Where's the best place to mount hood pins on an ST185?

EvilStig

I noticed pictures of the rally ST185 has them behind the headlights, but there doesn't look to be much space there to put them, and I've seen street RCs and replicas with them on the front between the headlights, but the radiator support lacks the nice flat spots there usually used for the ST205.

For those that have them, where did you mount them? Why did you choose that location? Did you use any custom brackets or mounting plates?

FC Zach

I placed my Aerocatch pins on the rad support. .
15600153723_585955c817.jpg

How they are spaced on the outside if the hood.
33314956352_0ef73987f7.jpg

EvilStig":zc0axas6 said:
Why did you choose that location? Did you use any custom brackets or mounting plates?
Seemed like the best real-estate for the Aerocatches. . Nothing custom except for a lot of careful measurements and cutting/drilling.

EvilStig

I just wanted to post an update showing what I did for these, which I think worked out about as good as it can get.

I bored out the outermost headlight mounting bolt hole and replaced the bolt with the threaded rod for the hood pins. Fitment is excellent, although it does have the one drawback that adjusting hood fitment requires finicking with the headlight adjustment as well.