Carbon Fiber Rear Hatch st185

Sifu

If the weight savings is worth it, and it has a carbon spoiler or can withstand our factory spoiler, and is worth the price I'm in...

I'd rather lose more weight up front than the rear...

I passed the word on about doing the spoilers in CF, I dont think its going to happen, but you never know....like I said the weight savings wont be that great since it is already made out of smc

also inquired about a flat piece to do a sunroof plug

weight savings on the hood is 26.6 lbs...stock all dressed up 42.5 lbs....just FI hood 16lbs. (no grill & spoiler)

Pat

b00staholic

I'd be interested in a CF sunroof plug that isn't a huge hassle to install (tons of drilling, etc.)

I agree with the above statement that I'm more inclined to spend my money on items that drop weight on the front half of the car as opposed to the rear...

jprine01

I think if your taking all that weight off the top of the car though (hood, sunroof, hatch) you are really lowing the center of gravity. Should do allot for hanlding I would think.

Speedtechniknyc

Pat I am d for the set up as well lets try and get the spoiler made w/out the hole for the antenna, like we spoke of in the past and as far as the doors I will take them as well but u need to also let me know if you still want the doors from my other car?[/b]

Smaay

hoods are still available. im having a bunch made first so i can stock them..this time they will be sent on payment instead of waiting for so long

Sifu

Damn, decisions decisions... Wonder if I should drop the money on the hood? Anybody want to chime in?

AshtonsAlltrac

alltrac101":3vt2zu48 said:
I asked Fiber image if they would make me a rear hatch for the 90-93 Toyota Celica....They will do a feasibility study for next month. So now is the time to get it while we can & they are willing!

I need as many people who are interested to post their name & screen name & WHEN I get a ball park on price (Once I get a commitment from FI on PRICE) they will need the monies...

This will be handled by F.I. so there is no issues with a 3rd party

pat (alltrac101)

Hey man, that sounds awesome. I've been wondering how much moola it'd take for a cf parts company to manufacture a cf hatch. I'm in for sure. can't wait for the price quote. Are CF body kits out of the question? I'd much rather spend money on lightening my ride (power 2 weight ratio) then pumping up the motor.

Sifu

beej":1wdr9uu8 said:
i'll chime in.....still waiting on a shipping quote to get some hoods to australia
LOL. I would love to see the durability of these and also the release/holding mechanism. I know FI says we don't need hood pins, but still I'd hate to be going 80mph (or faster, you never know) and having a really bad day...

If it's as good as everyone says, I'll take the plunge and buy one even if it's more $$$.

Toxygene

I'd be interested depending on price :D . I first need to get the hood.

Don't forget to let people with regular celica's know about this as well so it'll appeal to a larger market. I think we really need to push this with the non turbo people. I mean it's kind of like all the Honda guys who try to make their cars look like Type Rs and SIs and stuff but it helps drive the market and ultimately helps us in making the parts cheaper for us. Especially since non-turbo Celica's can be had for cheap and then dropping in a 3SGTE or a Camry V6 makes their cars cheap and fast.

db

Alltrac185":3g164zm0 said:
Hey man, that sounds awesome. I've been wondering how much moola it'd take for a cf parts company to manufacture a cf hatch. I'm in for sure. can't wait for the price quote. Are CF body kits out of the question? I'd much rather spend money on lightening my ride (power 2 weight ratio) then pumping up the motor.

"Are CF body kits out of the question?"

"I'd much rather spend money on lightening my ride (power 2 weight ratio) then pumping up the motor."

Anyone else think this is a bit conflicting? :shrug:

turbo4wd

db":3o8uhrtd said:
Alltrac185":3o8uhrtd said:

"Are CF body kits out of the question?"

"I'd much rather spend money on lightening my ride (power 2 weight ratio) then pumping up the motor."

Anyone else think this is a bit conflicting? :shrug:
Maybe he meant "CF replacement body parts" like front end, fenders, doors, etc..

At least I hope he did.. :shrug: