Painted tail lights?

evasive

Is this a good idea? Is it legal? I happen to think they look nice, but I want to get the opinion of other AT owners first- thanks-

218779_1.jpg

AWDios

I wouldn't do it personally, I don't think it looks that bad, and I"m pretty sure it's not legal, but depends on who pulls you over.

CMS-GT4

It doenst look bad. I also wouldn't do it myself.

Got the link to the rest of the pics of that car?

InitialD93

it is completely legal as long as ur lights shine through the tint... they make covers and stuff for headlights and tail lights all the time... those are just custom tinted though...

AWDios

I my state, those tail light covers are illegal, because they take away from the reflectiveness of the light.

roo

i like the blacked out tails...

legally, when lit, the lights must be visible from (insert your state law's legal distance here)ft away and you must retain red reflectors on the rear of the vehicle.

I used to have a 3rd gen Trans Am converted into a knight rider replica. I had a blackout on the rear tails and I just added a red reflective strip to the license plate frame. Was totally legal and the only time i was hassled, i followed the patrol car back to the station and got the ticket written off right in front of the officer. [vindication]