ST185 CLEAR CORNERS

Visual Styling, Spoilers, and rims

Postby Disco Dan » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:20 pm

RedCelicaTRD wrote:The center section is the part that holds the licence plate.

And could you tell me the part numbers for the mirror glass, both sides? I've got some JDM folding mirrors but I need some left hand drive glass to make them useable.

Lithuania is left hand drive, isn't it?

ACTually, I ran into this same problem. I don't think it's an issue for taller drivers, but for shorter people, the RHD mirrors don't work very well. See, I installed my RHD power folding mirrors and came across the same problem. The driver's side mirror had to be angled to the far left (maybe it was far right, I forget), to be able to see behind me, and the passenger-side mirror was just useless.

Anyway, I thought the same thing you did, that the glass just needed to be switched. So I actually cut my own mirror glass out of larger mirrors (Dremel + diamond cutoff blade) hoping that would solve it. No such luck. I still couldn't see out of the passenger side mirror.

SO! It turns out that on RHD cars, the angle of the mirror mounting bracket is different, hence, you can't get the mirrors to be angled correctly without a pair of LHD folding (not necessarily power folding) mirrors. Here's a diagram of what I'm talking about:

http://discodan.org/gfx/celica/mirrorangle.gif

I got mine from Germany for about $100 shipped. Stripped the interior of both mirrors, cut a little metal for a perfect fit, and voila! LHD power folding mirrors!

Oh, and here's the best part. After all the trouble I went through to cut the mirror glass to LHD specifications, I found out once I received the mirrors from Germany that in LHD and RHD countries (except the US, obviously) the mirror glass is convex on both mirrors, whereas in the US, we've got flat glass on the driver's side mirror, and convex glass on the passenger side.

Synopsis: If you want your power-folding mirrors to work as LHD mirrors, you're going to need the whole LHD mirror assembly from a LHD car.

The end.
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
Disco Dan
Club Member

Postby silence » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:44 pm

Got my new jdm clear corners!!!

06 WRX, 90 Celica Alltrac & 88 BMW TURBO 325is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei5P9LfLRdg
silence
Established Member

Postby robolt » Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:14 pm

I have a new set of smoked rear quarter ventilation that I would love to trade for a non-smoked set. If anyone wants PM me.

...cheers..
'90 CS conversion
240Z, Super 7, + others...

You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike
robolt
Club Member

Postby silence » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:01 pm

pm sent

06 WRX, 90 Celica Alltrac & 88 BMW TURBO 325is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei5P9LfLRdg
silence
Established Member

clear side markers

Postby lamard » Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:30 am

i've read through this post and haven't found numbers for the clear side markers (turn signals) that are in the front bumper. does anyone have them or were they only aftermarket. this 1st toyota place is way better than ebay, much safer.
lamard
Club Member

Postby maxaud » Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:37 am

I think the clear blinker ligths are aftermarket only. If anyone would for me to look for part numbers let me know, I'd gladly help if I can.
'92 GT-four RC
-Dustin
maxaud
GTFour God

1992 Toyota Celica

Postby beej » Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:17 am

maxaud wrote:I think the clear blinker ligths are aftermarket only. If anyone would for me to look for part numbers let me know, I'd gladly help if I can.
'92 GT-four RC

correct....all GT4's came with orange sidemarker, clears ARE all aftermarket
"ITS A VENT GODDAMIT NOT A F#$KING SCOOP!!!!!"
beej
Club Member

Postby lamard » Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:42 pm

thanks guys. I can only find the wierd angel eye ones, are there any companies that just make plain slear ones. i think the orange ones look really bad. I DID search this and rear alot of posts but couldn't find anyhting. my eyes are burning from staring at this friggin screen so olng just to find some lights!!!!!
lamard
Club Member

Postby justjoe » Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:26 am

I have seen some sellers on Ebay sell Bumper turn signals for the 5th gen celi's.. in 2 styles.. either in a Crystal clear, OR a Factory pattern .. See if you can find anything on ebay.
justjoe
89 AW11 MR2 Hardtop SC Swap <-- w00t!
90 ST185 Celica All-Trac
99 Camry Grocery getter..
justjoe
Club Member

Postby TEAMFaint » Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:03 am

I have a question since they are all piling up in here...I may as well ask:

When do your guys' corner lights actually light up? Mine dont when I have my lights turned on...or off for that matter.

Should they be on? What could the problem be? Connection Problem?
current project: 94 st205
TEAMFaint
Club Member

Postby BLOWNTACO » Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:30 am

Your front corner lamps should be on when you turn the light switch to the second setting. Like turning on your running lights. If they don't come on, look at the bulbs and replace. Still not working check the sockets for the bulbs. Sometimes through the years the contacts get pushed out of the way. Simple fix, just get a small blade screwdriver and bend carefully back into place. If they are still not working, check the wiring to make sure everything is on the up and up.
A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.
-Thomas Jefferson
BLOWNTACO
Club Member

Postby SuperWhite92 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:47 pm

lamard wrote:thanks guys. I can only find the wierd angel eye ones, are there any companies that just make plain slear ones. i think the orange ones look really bad. I DID search this and rear alot of posts but couldn't find anyhting. my eyes are burning from staring at this friggin screen so olng just to find some lights!!!!!

http://www.procarparts.com/store-detail ... inestoreDB
Shaun
My 1992 Alltrac is for sale again.
SuperWhite92
GTFour God

Re: ST185 CLEAR CORNERS

Postby mkchris89 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:09 am

by the way anyone wanting clear corners and dont wanna pay the ebay sellers 200$ (rip off) 1sttoyota still has em just ordered a set and received em within a week beautiful going to buy another set just to have lay around just in case :smokes:
mkchris89
Club Member

Postby maxaud » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:36 am

How much were they?
-Dustin
maxaud
GTFour God

1992 Toyota Celica

Postby mkchris89 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:59 am

like 75 shipped to ohio