Any interest for Rallyarmor Mud Flaps?

Would you buy Rallyarmor mud flaps for your car(s)?

• Yes

Votes: 14 82.4%
  • No

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

Corey

It dawned on me a few days ago. wide bodies dont have oem mud guards, normal bodies do.

will these new flaps match up to the same normal body mounting holes as the guards?

that would mean no drilling for me :)

mike325ci

Given my crazy personal schedule, I didn't have a chance to go back there for the prototypes yet. I'm shooting for next weekend, realistically. Sorry, I probably wasn't the best person for the testing (location yes, but "free time" no...)...

Since the fitting was done on my widebody ST185, I can't comment on how the narrowbody cars are different. The holes are slotted horizontally, so there is some leeway in terms of fitting, but not sure if that's enough to compensate for the differences (if any) between the narrow and wide body.

mike325ci

my apologies for not having any free weekends to reconect with them on this. :doh: getting in touch with them again.

btw, in an autocross setting, the rear insides rubbed when suspension loaded on my current taller tire/wheel setup. currently the rears are bolted via two bolts on the fender on the outside of the flaps. we will have to use a third bolt in the middle of the flaps so that it angles back and away from the tire. i think that would fix the rubbing. this is why i need to go back and stuff. but work and weekend schedule has been crazy...

will come back with updates again.

mike325ci

mike325ci":1a413xjj said:
btw, in an autocross setting, the rear insides rubbed when suspension loaded on my current taller tire/wheel setup.

1) let me elaborate on this: the stock wheel/tires that i had before when i initially fitted the test mudflaps were 15x6.5" wheels with 215/50/15 tires. that's stock config. i am now running with a 17x7.5" wheel with 225/45/17 tire. this is significantly taller than the stock combo (i.e. the diameter is bigger).

diameter: 23.465 in. stock vs. 24.972 in. now

most of you with aftermarket wheel/tires are probably running a close-to-stock diameter (plus sizing), so this might not be an issue. but i'd still like to see the rears use 3 bolts instead of 2 to further reinforce it.

2) ...also re: the comment about the narrowbodies having flaps standard-- how many bolts are in the rears where the rear flaps mount and where are they? photos would be nice. i'd like to know so we can determine if these will fit the narrowbodies as well.

we determined (from non-scientific data gathering here) that the ST185s have dimples in the rear fender that show the position of where the holes need to be drilled for stock or aftermarket mudflaps. we are currently using 2 of those dimples/holes. and i'm going to request we use a third bolt that is currently holding the fender liner to the body, about 3 inches in from the edge of the fender to "pull" the flap back so that they don't rub on tall tires like the ones i'm running.

3) i'm planning to go over there either tomorrow night or next weekend on sunday. this is due to my autox schedule this weekend and other personal things i have to take care of.

Corey

Here are some pics of the screws holding my front and rear mud guards on.

I made some very rough measurements of the distances between the screws.

frontguard.jpg

rearguard.jpg

Cheers

corey

eddie_gt4

I have Rallyarmor mudflaps on my Impreza and I must say it's a very great stuff! 8)
it's very nice that they come with pre-drilled holes and all needed mounting pieces
and they do change (improve! :D ) the look of the car

this year I've decided to put some mudflaps on Celi too... because after our lithuanian winter (a lot of solt on the roads :cry: ) I had to do some body repair
so with pain in a heart I drilled some holes in the rear fenders and put some Sparco mudflaps on my bee... the result is here :)

copyofpicture006km4.jpg

more pics

BriinumsBo

Hi Eddie!
did we meet at celicaclub LV vs LT (in Lithuania) ? I just didnt see any GTFour during the meet, mine was in engine repair, was yours too?
I just bought a set of rubber mudflaps on ebay for mine, dont have time to wait, the f**kin winter is here :/

toayoztan

Any updates as to getting a group order on rallyarmor mud flaps? Obviously, we are pretty close on getting this project to go through. I'm still very interested in getting a set for my car, maybe two of different colors.

Bryan

TEAMFaint

I'd definately be down for a set as well.

LIST
1) mike325ci - ST185 - yes interested, yes would buy
2) Razzo - ST185? - posibillity to change black for red?
3) theUNYTEDone - ST185 - matte black/blue logo
4) CDN-GT4 - ST185 - Matte Black/Grey Logo
5) ST185pinjo - ST185 - Black highgloss ones with red writing.
6) VincentW - ST185 - Black highgloss ones with red writing.
7) Nate84
8 ) toayoztan - ST185 - Black with Red logo
9) Corey Darling - ST185 - Matte Black/Grey Logo
10) syko says - ST185 - Matte black/ Red logo
11) Greg_Peddle - st185rc - gloss black /red logo front and rears contact me for total and payment
12) Conan - ST185 - Matte Black/Grey Logo
13) b00staholic - ST185 - Matte black / Black logo
14) denver_whiteST185 - ST185 - glossy black/ silver logo
15) camry90 - ST185 - Matte Black/Red Logo
16) daveryan - ST185 - black/black
17) teamfaint - ST 185 - Matte black/Grey Logo

YerRandO

Any chance this will make a come back? Even if it's a set for something else thats close enough for us to modify for our cars.

fhalperformance

What ever happened to the Rallyarmor skid plates alot of us where waiting on? Mudflaps kinda make me angry but id be down for a skid plate.

mike325ci

>< someone brought this back to my attention... omg, so sorry~~

i am going to get back in touch with them cos they probably think i stole their mudflaps and disappeared from the face of the earth~~!! well, the final stuff has to wait till i get my car back together in driveable condition and i'll go back over there. i hope they are still willing to do this for us... oi... sorry guys~~

will post updates here.

1) mike325ci - ST185 - yes interested, yes would buy
2) Razzo - ST185? - posibillity to change black for red?
3) theUNYTEDone - ST185 - matte black/blue logo
4) CDN-GT4 - ST185 - Matte Black/Grey Logo
5) ST185pinjo - ST185 - Black highgloss ones with red writing.
6) VincentW - ST185 - Black highgloss ones with red writing.
7) Nate84
8 ) toayoztan - ST185 - Black with Red logo
9) Corey Darling - ST185 - Matte Black/Grey Logo
10) syko says - ST185 - Matte black/ Red logo
11) Greg_Peddle - st185rc - gloss black /red logo front and rears contact me for total and payment
12) Conan - ST185 - Matte Black/Grey Logo
13) b00staholic - ST185 - Matte black / Black logo
14) denver_whiteST185 - ST185 - glossy black/ silver logo
15) camry90 - ST185 - Matte Black/Red Logo
16) daveryan - ST185 - black/black
17) teamfaint - ST 185 - Matte black/Grey Logo
18) edmonton_oiler16 - St185 - black/red