205 spoiler on 185

Hotrodhendrix

Tazka":2vm56td2 said:
Just a crappy one.
185205.jpg

Looks like this may be a bit off. Take a look at this one on this alltrac.net members st205. Much more flat than the black PS.
2497603265_eb3e36e690.jpg

Tazka

Yes it seems to be alot more flat in that image. Maybe the spoiler got distorted in my photoshop or something. :shrug:

Hotrodhendrix

Yeah im not a huge fan from the rear either. From the side and front its all thumbs up... Maybe the stock spoiler sides would help from the rear view. :shrug:

Hotrodhendrix

WarTowels":3qxe2q6d said:
It's much better withOUT the risers.

-Towels

For the st205 at least that would make it worthless. Its a functional spoiler and has to be that high for a reason. After some playing with the stock sides I bet it would look pretty cool from the rear. IMHO the other views look freaking great!

CMS-GT4

With all this talk of risers, I was curious what the 185 spoiler might look like with risers and the center post removed. Since the spoiler is meant to have side posts, it looked odd, but I added extensions to the sides and it looks interesting.

savagereartestnw0.jpg

CMS-GT4

There is a molded version of the 205 wing in this photo that might look better on a 185. Rather than separate riser blocks.

gt4_meeting_2008_freitag_1000large.jpg

Hotrodhendrix

Agreed x2

Looks much better this way. Time for another photo shop from the side with a molded spoiler.... Or someone can just do it and post pics. :p

Hotrodhendrix

It looks a bit to tall. Can you make a bit shorter?? I think you have to shave off some of the bottom anyways to get them to fit correctly.

CMS-GT4

Its still going to have to be a tall spoiler. Especially to be functional. Maybe you should go ahead and do it. You know you want to.

typerlipprofileze3.jpg