205 spoiler on 185

Tazka

A little PS i made.
spoilah.jpg

CMS-GT4

My theory is, if it looks just as sexy or sexier on his car, then its a go. One of my favorite 4s that shows how good the car can look in about stock form.

:smokes:

Tazka

Hmm...st205 spoiler is a bit round from the center part, and the st185 hatch is flat, unlike the st205 hatch. i made some PS's and imo it doesn't flow with the st185 hatch...It kinda makes it look narrow from the rear.

st205.jpg

Hotrodhendrix

Yeah that doesnt look right... Hmm If you finish up a better one post it up. Looks like I may be doing some body work on the hatch. :doh:

Tazka

Looks like I may be doing some body work on the hatch.

It's not just the hatch wich is flat. the whole rear end is full of flat lines:

flat.jpg

Meanwhile the st205 has rounded rearlights etc...

It's damn hard to beat toyota designers, like someone said on this forum.

Hotrodhendrix

Isnt that trd spoiler extremly hard to get here in the US? I think it came stock on the last two years the mr2 was made over seas. Of course I may be way off. :p

Hotrodhendrix

I would beat them for the design of the rear end of this poor car. Honestly the rear end of these are so hard to work with. Everything else is fine.

Tazka

Draw me a concept of st185 rear end then.

Designing, Drawing or modelling cars isn't so easy as you might think. :roll:

It's true that it's hard to work with the rear end though, the car has lots of round lines, but allso straight lines, you don't allways know wich you should use and where, when modifying the body.

Hotrodhendrix

I was thinking...

Mold the rear bumper and lower license plate peace together. build up the middle section on the rear hatch to give it a similar line as the 205's. That should give a nice blend between the straights and curves.

Tazka

That's more like modding than designing. By myself im happy with st185 rear as it is, only the spoiler get's me thinking about other options.

gt4tified

If you took a supra spoiler and shaved the lower rear back side of it to match the fender pieces, it looks pretty decent, much better than anything I've seen on this thread so far.