5MM wheel spacers

xkirex

ok SO, I just got some 215/45/17 rubber on my +42 offset rims and they started rubbing the struts :doh: sooo I went to the local Super Autobacs and bought some 8mm wheel spacers for the back. and they went on fine UP until I put the lug nuts on. They turn a few times but when i go to torque them I already stripped the first few threads off the lug nut.

Soooo do you guys think if I downgrade to 5mm spacers, Ill be good to go?

ps. Anybody wanna buy some 8mm wheel spacers? :)

88st165

just buy some extended studs. they arent that bad to change believe it or not. i had to change all the studs when i put 15mm h&r spacers on my red 165. im going to do it again for my white 165.

or go with 25mm bolt on spacers. edit: i just noticed you have a 165 so the 25mm might be a bit much.

Rick89GTS

88st165":2cgcr8ry said:
just buy some extended studs. they arent that bad to change believe it or not. i had to change all the studs when i put 15mm h&r spacers on my red 165. im going to do it again for my white 165.
Not that bad on a 165?! It was a royal PITA! You must be one of the lucky ones who own a non-ABS 165.
On my ABS 165, you have to basically change wheel bearings to change a stud. Is there some trick that you have for getting past the ABS ring that blocks the stud from coming out?!

Here's a pic of the set up:
http://alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php ... light=stud

88st165

yeah i do have abs on my red 165 and just a tiny mod to the dust sheild and you can make enough room to get the wheel stud out. the front is a different story though, you have to press the hub out it get out the studs.

xkirex

ok so i gunna stick with the 8mm spacers and gunna buy some extended wheel studs. Im lookin here and i see there are a couple sizes for studs. Which ones should I get, the 35mm or the 45mm? I dont wanna end up getting a too short or too long one.

Rick, the spacers aren't too expensive. I actually bought them from super autobacs for like 4 bucks each. thats actually cheaper than ebay. I dunno if they have any Super Autobacs where you live soo yea.

thanks guys

xkirex

naw they are not hub centric, Would I need to get spacers that are hub centric? I don't really understand what that does.

grouch

lol i just wwent o to super autobacs the other day and picked up some 5mm spacers for my rear. have impreza wheels on with 205 55 16 tires rub the struts also. my lugs were shorter but still screwed in i torqed all the nuts and been driving around for a while with no probs.