Day Time Running Lights

Corey

Canadian Market celicas are equiped with DRL. I can't recall if it was set up to have the Parking lights or fog lights as DRL, or Both.

You might be able to get away with rewiring your car so its just the corner parking lights and tail lights, not fogs. I would try that.

91GT4RCboy

found the lil bastard (or parts there of) tucked down deep behind one of my headlights... my buddy just saw a little piece of a zip tie which tipped us off... now my car can finally close its eyes... thanks for all the help guys

TimmyD

Thats weird that they did that. Mine didn't have that done. It came with the corner lights setup as running lights. Its a Japanese RC, I assumed that was the way it was from the factory.

Unfortunately Soviet Canada is becoming more true with respect to cars, new rules created without any real purpose for them. Here in NS it will now be illegal to have a straight through muffler unless it was OEM, super loud chambered mufflers are still legal, straight loud replacements of straight quiet is legal, and quiet straight through is illegal. Time to move somewhere less restrictive like California...

91GT4RCboy

On that note, Ontario has made it illegal to plate dirt bikes now, WTF!!!!, what will I do with my enduro now!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Toxygene

I always thought it was neat to have the turn signals on like DRL. Its the same way the Corvette does it down here and some of the Caddies as well.

I don't know why they chose to have your flip ups do the DRL duty though. Very retarded.

flipradio3

Corey Darling":2qqo1j6x said:
Bummer

If they didnt use a module, then they likely started splicing the power wires in to a constant 12 volt source as soon as the key is turned to On. That will be trickier to track down, but hopefully you can tell what is hacked up and what isnt.

Kinda reminds me about my A/C not working for my Honda Accord (Yes its a Honda and not a Toyota)..The command start installed by Futureshop (never again) started splicing wires and guess what...A/C didn't work...Brought it to Honda and $730 later of labour, it was wires..

pg

I also had to get a mod for day time lights after i failed the inspection because of it.
But like someone said, I got my mechanic to wire it to fog lights, which i dont have anymore anyways.

YerRandO

Simba":1odckhn7 said:
How in hell have they made laws up there to be retroactive for older cars? That's just weird.

Every car built or imported in Canada since 1990 has to have DRL, both of my celicas (both canadian market) have it built in from the factory. It's kinda like how the U.S. has GT and ST model celicas and we have GT and GTS, same car just different name for the canadian market. When we import a car it's subject to the same law, so it's not really retroactive as it only applies to vehicles with a production date after the law was introduced.