Retro Vintage Paint Scheme?

Toxygene

As much as people love the white look of my Alltrac..... I hate to tell you all... I hate white.... Pearl white is as close as I can get to white and stand it.

I'm thinking of going with a retro color paint scheme such as the Toyota 2000 GT Shelby Edition:
222601793_e923216b6c.jpg

real2_2.jpg

181032923_96d68be57d.jpg

oldnow7.jpg

1969_Shelby_2000GT1.jpg

649302.jpg

And the color scheme I'm thinking of going with:
2000gt-1214.jpg

I'm only thinking of the color patterns. I don't plan on putting the vintage mirrors or other things on there like such. It might be more inspired by than literal as well.

Simba

Would be difficult given the fender style on the car. There's no break line to do something like that on. You could do just the hood and chase it with a pinstripe on the fender, but it'll never look anywhere as good as a 2000GT.

Some cars like broken/multiple colors, the AT isn't one of them. If you're bored with white, toss the rally graphics on, or some iteration of them.

Toxygene

Simba":1z78rz6x said:
Would be difficult given the fender style on the car. There's no break line to do something like that on. You could do just the hood and chase it with a pinstripe on the fender, but it'll never look anywhere as good as a 2000GT.

Some cars like broken/multiple colors, the AT isn't one of them. If you're bored with white, toss the rally graphics on, or some iteration of them.

I'm not really into the rally graphics. The Castrol Colors are gaudy and at the very least I'm going to go with a two tone paint scheme possibly where the Canopy will be black.

I was kind of bored but I'm also seeing if I could use a two tone scheme but in a slightly different way.

zero06

i second rally graphics...
vintage paint scemes like this really only work with vintage cars
you MIGHT be able to pull it off on a 77 celica... MAYBE
to tell you the truth if i saw an alltrac with that type of paint sceme i would probably puke in my mouth a little.

Toxygene

The rally graphics make me want to puke in my mouth a little every time I see someone reproduce it on their street car. At that point I'd rather replicate the HKS colors or the BTCC Carina graphics.

26-may-08-rfactorcentral-5615_hks_005.jpg

1923076.jpg

Neither of which I would consider seriously. My first idea was to paint the car an IS-F Blue with the canopy painted Black.
isf20vs5bp1500.jpg

I think I might go back to this idea.

lumbercis

Hey, I have an idea. How about you paint it white? :p

The alltrac body has a rounded organic shape so there isn't a really obvious place to put the "break" for the two tone roof like say a 240SX.

If you want your car to stand out, just get a real high-quality repaint done at a shop that does show cars. That's rare enough on an alltrac that yours will stand out. :smokes:

Toxygene

lumbercis":17otvqv9 said:
Hey, I have an idea. How about you paint it white? :p

The alltrac body has a rounded organic shape so there isn't a really obvious place to put the "break" for the two tone roof like say a 240SX.

If you want your car to stand out, just get a real high-quality repaint done at a shop that does show cars. That's rare enough on an alltrac that yours will stand out. :smokes:

Only way I will keep it white is if I paint it the same pearl white that comes on the IS350. Otherwise, I hate the non metallic white that's on the car. BLEEECH

And actually there is an obvious break for the roof line. I've been able to see the "line" at night with a street light above it. It follows from just under the side windows and departs from the bottom of the window line towards the inside of where the rear wing begins and connects with the bottom of the rear glass on the hatch.

Well, hopefully when it's all done and said I'll be happy with it.

zero06

the only problem with white is its hard to get rid of
not as bad as red or burgandy
you'll have to paint the engine bay/doorjams/underside/hatchjam

Toxygene

Of course.

It will be stripped down entirely and done. I'm not looking to have some Maco Junk Paint job done on it. Think of it as a Resto-Mod project.