St165 Complete Headlight replacement

3sgte4me

Been searching through multiple posts with people's different recommendations--at least on st185s..

What is the best replacement on an st165? --- I need them bright and clear, but NOT so it blinds the on coming car.

3sgte4me

Anyone have the part #s or a resource to find the Ecodes?

Dont know which ones to necessarily look for.......

Dracov

Both the 165 and 185 use a universal 200mm rectangular sealed beam headlamp as it is, so it's pretty easy to find replacements that use H4 bulbs.

Here's a full kit actually. Two headlamps and two bulbs of choice, starting at $92 for the whole thing:
http://www.rallylights.com/detail.aspx?ID=744

Just put the bulbs into the housings, put the dust boots on, and replace it like it was an OEM sealed beam. 100% plug and play and with infinitely better night visibility

3sgte4me

This is really good info, and needs to be made a sticky.

Admin can you make the info presented here *sticky*?

Dracov":3dhe49y5 said:
Both the 165 and 185 use a universal 200mm rectangular sealed beam headlamp as it is, so it's pretty easy to find replacements that use H4 bulbs.

Here's a full kit actually. Two headlamps and two bulbs of choice, starting at $92 for the whole thing:
http://www.rallylights.com/detail.aspx?ID=744

Just put the bulbs into the housings, put the dust boots on, and replace it like it was an OEM sealed beam. 100% plug and play and with infinitely better night visibility

3sgte4me

Also curious as to which of the bulbs you'd go with.....given the choice. (dont know if you had responded to that:

The H6054H
or the H6054J ?

Dracov

I'd say the 70/65 set. That's already higher wattage than stock 60/55. Too bright may attract unwanted attention from LEO's. When I bought my 165 it was already converted to these housings but has a mismatched pair of bulbs. I'm gonna give Osram Nightbreakers a shot and see how they work.

Meurz

Yeah but the reflector which is sealed onto it is setup for RHD so for legal use (at least, here in NLD) you'd have to swap LHD reflector housings onto the plastic fronts and hope the lines in them (only a few, I know) don't affect the light pattern too much.

Dracov

Yeah, RHD lamps in the US would be a worse blinding hazard than putting a cheap HID kit in eBay diamond cut housings.

nbx33

I have actually used the Ebay cheap replacements as a quick fix for more light.

I spent 49 on aHID kit from HIDGATE no issues ever from his kit.
and bought those fake projector housings.. which the reflector got too hot and fell out. I since got these ecodes and there incredible. I do get the Hibeams from other drivers every now and then.
Picture015.jpg

Picture026.jpg

Terracar

I contacted them for pricing on the 8900 series, so far it seems like it will be a pretty penny to get a set of them. I am awaiting a reply to make sure I interpretted the email correctly.

-Terracar

TRDTurko

I just googled the website... 599 pounds for a set of head lights! :shock: thats almost $1000 US! :doh: who the hell would pay that?! :crazy:

kilt88

I recently found some new new Hella e-codes I never sold back in the 185 Performance days.... They hold H4 bulbs which connect to the stock harness. I always used the PIAA Xtreme White bulbs in them.

If anyone wants these, let me know.

josh