Flush Mount headlights

TurboSpec

i've searched around the site and didn't come up with anything, i've been very interested in flush mount headlights for a long while now and was thinking about making a set to test out on my st185, i think the flush mount lights would look really clean and provide better aerodynamics at night. has anyone tried or done this before?

heres a very good example that some guy made for his mr2

http://www.mr2beast.com/Lights.htm

mr2flush.jpg

sorry if this is a repost or something like that

what are you guy's opinions on this?

TurboSpec

i did a very fast rendering in paint with my very limited (bad_) skills so you'll have to use your imagination hard to try to see what the car may look like

in a way it reminds me of a FC3S Rx7 but i like it..

(the zig-zag white lines are suppose to simulate a reflection to give you an idea that glass is there lol :lol:)

idea2.jpg

redGT4

Place in England does twin custom setup cant find the link though. I thought they looked alright, and would get them if the exchange rate was better.

chaos_cascade

I've always liked the stock look as it is so much better. However I hear what your saying about at night. Would it be legal to mount some lights lower say to each side of your intercooler and use those as headlights?

!BU9P0I!!mk~$(KGrHgoOKjQEjlLmWWZMBKQGFS0)Tg~~_12.JPG

Simba

If your goal is better illumination, and it should be when mucking about with headlights, nothing is going to come anywhere near to matching the performance of the popup housings with either good quality halogen or a HID setup.

The hood doesn't have enough drop to make exposed headlights work properly, and moreover the "carbon" strip across the nose makes building anything of the like very difficult.

Learn to love the popups. They're awesome.

TurboSpec

yea thats true, can't beat the quality of lighting the pop ups give, i guess it'll be alot better to just to do what chaos_cascade said to do, when i owned my sw20 mr2 i mounted 2 projector fog lights and they worked great at night without the pop up head lights, and i never got pulled over for using them either, so i'll probably do that again, much much cheaper : )