cs/rc hood vent seal???

rrain3288

so im assembling my cs hood and i have this "vent seal" basically a rubber gasket for the large vent . now im not sure if what im doing wrong but i cant seem to figure out how this stupid this goes in. iv seen the diagram's of the hood but i was wondering if anyone had a pic of this seal in its place so i can get mine in any close up pics would be great top and bottom if possible thanks for looking and any help i can get.
ps. if anyone has a set of cs fog lights to sell PLEASE let me know!!!!

Dups90gt

im not sure what seal there would be for a CS/RC hood.. I always thought it was just a vent to let hot air out, unlike the alltrac hood which has a square seal for the intercooler to seal for the ram scoop. do you have pics?

Gary ST165

rubber part ?:lol: i haven't got one.

i guess it may have been there when the heat and sound insulation was in place.

Sal

I was looking for pics but only found pictures of my hood with the heat insulation on... Owned.

I will try and post a picture tomorrow if I get to see my car.

rrain3288

the only place i could think would be in between the fiberglass bulge and the vent grill ? i just dont have a clue lol

pg

It goes around the vent to give a buffer between the the hood and the engine i guess....
It took me a few minutes to solve that too

Gary ST165

i just removed the under bonnet lining and the brittle remnants of the rubber seal from my RC...

i can't see what real purpose it serves :roll:

rrain3288

ya thats kinda what im thinking. im not even going to install the damn thing thanks for all of your time and help guys :D