st165 custom hood

monkey8oi

Hey guys,

Just trying to see if there would be enough interest with all the st165 guys here to try and get some carbon fiber hoods for us. We all know it gets incredibly hot under our hoods too. It's nice to see all the st185 guys with their available hood options. Now i want to see if we can get something going for us 165 guys.. I just sent an email to Siebon to see what is needed to go and get something going for our cars. I do understand that Siebon is probably not the #1 company we want to use to get this done but i figured i'd start somewhere. If anyone has any info on other places, i'm open to suggestions.. Obviously this isn't going to be an overnight thing so get ready for a long process.. I'm sure most of us remember the amount of time it took to get those ASI radiators done correctly. I'm guessing it's going to be the same here. First off, i just want to see what the interest is like for something like this. Siebon needs at least 20 before they will be willing to move on this project. I've sent an email to them asking to see how the process will work so i'll update you guys as i get info. First off, lets get a list of who is interested...

Next, lets come up with some ideas on hood vent options.. I've always liked the way the ae86 corolla hoods looked. Here's a pic of what i'm talking about.. let me know how you guys feel bout it..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 0388372549

Hopefully, this link works correctly.. I don't have a photobucket account or anything so getting pics on this forum isn't going to be easy for me so if anyone can help, we'll all appreciate it. Hopefully, we can all come out happy in the end with a new hood..

ChrisD

Not a lot of interest I take it? I'd be possibly interested. tough thing with this is the price point will shy a lot of people away.

That hood vent looks pretty good, I like the concept. Would like to see it photoshopped in.

CF hood for the 165 has been tried before without getting enough interest. But I'll put my name in as a maybe for now.

aubeone

I've had a craving for tackling a large f/g project lately...was originally thinking about fab'ing some kinf of scoop to get some air onto the TMIC (Gen2 A2A), but now you've got me thinking about a whole f/g hood with something fun built in....

sleeper

I would be interested..

You should post this on celicatech to.. alot of t16 owners there.. ( remember that all t16 have the same hood, so it`s not only 165 that can use it

aubeone

Wouldn't a hood vent of that design do more to draw warm air out of the engine bay, and not do anything to get fresh air to the A2A TMIC?

ChrisD

Umm....yes. That is what we want, b/c we generally use WTA IC's on 165's...or FMIC's.

:)

You should probably consider some sort of WTA setup, or ya you'll definitely have to fabricate a scoop into your hood.

Mafix

i can count at least 3 failed attemps at this and if i was really feeling bored i'd post the links to them.

Mafix

i have a carbon one. it's ugly and light. there are several fiberglass ones out there. i know 3 people that have them and 4 that can get them.