headlight conversion

Tazka

I bought sirius headlights couple months ago, they are alot better than my old cibie's. I'm planning to buy a HID kit at some point.
siriuscibie.jpg

sirius.jpg

Landon

okay so no hatin here. i'm a toyota fan, not honda. i'm just thinking of options that would work to get both a projector and lens to make a dual lens kit like seen before. you can find integra light for pretty cheap, and its honda so unlimited options. do you think with some trimming and custom fab i could make these work? found a sort of dimension picture, but its hard to find a good one. anyways, let me know.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v81/D ... rawing.jpg
integralights.jpg

Droptop93

seald beam and e-code autopal side by side
IMG00011-20100423-1537.jpg

autopal logo
IMG00020-20100423-1620.jpg

beam for autopal ecode w/ standard "superwhite" h4 bulbs
IMG00024-20100423-2150.jpg

HID cutoff and brightness with auitopal e-code
IMG00025-20100423-2150.jpg

pass side standard "superwhite" H4, drivers DDMtuning 5000k low beam(no hi beam) HID
utf-8BY2lkXzIyMC5qcGc.jpg

E marking
IMG00012-20100423-1538.jpg

driving at 60MPH with ddmtuning HID
utf-8BSU1HMDAwMDQtMjAxMDA1MDQtMjIyN.jpg

autopal w/ standard bulb
IMG00021-20100423-1630.jpg

i will get a head on pic of the HID in a few but this should show the difference

Toxygene

Compare that to my Hella H4 e-code conversions. Just with regular halogen bulbs. You can see how much sharper and how much more spread out the light is below the cutoff:
3306260966_7ae84ecb9d_b.jpg

Your lights seem to focus more of the light in the center without spreading it out over the whole beam pattern. It also doesn't extend well into the part that rises on the right.

Also, look at the light that you are throwing down on the opposite side of the road and the glare standing in front of your headlights.

MWP

Is low beam really that important?
Most of the time when you are on low-beam there is other lights around lighting up the road anyway.

Its high beam im more interested in for country/hills driving.

Toxygene

Well what you really need then are some aftermarket Driving lights not high beams. High beams only project the light high up which doesn't really help that much. What good is seeing the branches of trees or anything higher than a street sign. Some nice bright aftermarket Driving lights would help you out much more than some bright high beams. Plus since the light won't be shooting into the trees, it will reach much farther down the road than high beams could.

Droptop93

Toxygene":3tzl2omi said:
Compare that to my Hella H4 e-code conversions. Just with regular halogen bulbs. You can see how much sharper and how much more spread out the light is below the cutoff:
3306260966_7ae84ecb9d_b.jpg

Your lights seem to focus more of the light in the center without spreading it out over the whole beam pattern. It also doesn't extend well into the part that rises on the right.

Also, look at the light that you are throwing down on the opposite side of the road and the glare standing in front of your headlights.

I guess I should have stated that these pics are before I aimed my light properly, and crappy cell phone pics, ill get new ones.

The glare you see in the last pic is because of the cell phone/extreme brightness.

Einst3in

Nevermind found in the stickied thread that the 165 and 185 lamps are the same and found that the hs6054a kit fits the 165 :)

CMS-GT4

Landon

not so much of a fan of that second kit... our cars (and mr2s) hold the popups well imo. the narrower kit looks good though..

Einst3in

i just ordered the hella e-codes off of amazon for 114 shipped... thats with bulbs and boots so that seems worth it to me :) sometime id like to get a hid kit for it but not yet :) the next question is are there any good replacements for the factory AT fogs?

CMS-GT4

I think the only real concern is the fiberglass house/cover, but it might be easily modified if it just needs new holes. Its hard to say.

Landon

alright. it seems like a really cool setup. dunno if its worth 500 or not.. i''ve been looking into making my own really similar to this... wondering if i got integra headlights if they could be easily converted to something like this.

Boo_Guy

I emailed them and two r us asking if they would work, both said no.

But I might still by them anyway, and MAKE them fit :p

The Celica and MR2 both use the same sized head lights so I figure the lights should at least fit inside.