Side skirts and front lip

TokuzoST185

How goes there? I figured some people may be curious as to how st20x sides look when properly mounted to a ST185. I'll post more pics and a walk through on my install later (I'm at work now). I also did a DIY Home Depot front lip. Its a bit different than what others have done, and I'll be fiberglassing and making a mold of it to make the "real deal". Please let me know your thoughts. (I've never posted something like this, so please let me know if I'm doing anything wrong on the picture upload)

GT42.jpg

GT4.jpg

TokuzoST185

I'll paint it white after the fiberglass work. It may be a bit until that is all finished (maybe a week as I have to do this after work everyday). I'll still get some side shots up though. Hopefully later today. Should have them posted in the bodykit research section in about 5 minutes. Is anyone interested in a walk through on how I did this, or would I just be wasting time posting pictures and descriptions? Please let me know.

CMS-GT4

It would not hurt to post up how you did it. I am sure it would be useful for those who want to try and make their own lip. That would be a cheap, light solution as a base to build a custom lip off of.

TokuzoST185

One more pic I had at work. The few crinkles in the front in this picture are out now, this is when the lip was only tape fitted. I'll post a side picture tonight and update when everthing is fiberglassed and painted. Thanks for looking.

GT43.jpg

lumbercis

I'd add at least some OEM plastic mud flaps to the rear if you aren't going to do a rear lip.

Then give it some more aggressive wheel fitment and a drop and it should look nice.

Terracar

I agree with Lumbercis. Better wheel fitment or some spacers and less arch gap would make a nice clean look along with some flaps in the back to finish the look off.

I would like to see some better shots of the side skirts perpendicular to the car, but it looks decent.

-Terracar

timmey

Someone did these sides about a year ago and I completely lost the thread. If anyone knows the thread I mean, let me know. Some guy spotted a set in a junkyard and made them fit, on a white st185 as well, I believe.

The front lip looks awkward to me, but it might be cause it's black, like others mentioned. Sides look good, but we need better pics of them.

Cheers, nice work!

Timmey

TokuzoST185

Unfortunately I haven't made the time to finish it. I've been busy helping a friend with a concept car he's building; as well as making my brother a halo costume. I'm hoping to be able to get back on this this coming week and I'll post pictures then. Sorry guys.

TokuzoST185

Been FOREVER since I updated this, but this project was placed on hold for me to work on my 02 GTS project and a Scion TC build. So far I have scrapped the front lip due to slapping a RC front on (working on a new lip for this front), custom fabbed a rear bumper, molded the ST205 skirts, shaved the side moldings, painted black trim on the taillights, painted my old stock gts wheels on put those on, and painted the car lexus pearl white. It's really hard to see the pearl, but you get the idea. Let me know your thoughts. I'll post this up in the bodykit thread too.

DSCN3469-1.jpg

DSCN3470.jpg

DSCN3507.jpg

DSCN3511.jpg

DSCN3510.jpg

love the white, love the shaved side moldings, love the tails, love the rc bumper...... hate the molded sides & rear. All-in-all, very clean, tho & a real head-turner!

lumbercis

I was going to post almost word for word what celicasfree just posted. I think the molding was a mistake. And I'm not feeling the rear bumper (looks uneven on the left side). Paint and shaved side mouldings are great though.

I'd still get some more aggressive wheels.

J.

CMS-GT4

Properly fit some wheels, and make a decent front lip and it should set it apart well enough.

Before/after.

DSCN3470.jpg

imagethh.jpg

TokuzoST185

Thanks for the input. The rear isn't uneven, it's actually just the angle of that pic, and the natural dip of that lip. I made it from sectioning the EVO8 rear bumper. This is why it needed to be molded. I wouldn't have molded it if I could have gotten away with that, but there was no way. I still like it 1000x better than the stock rear, and than any US available aftermarket rear. A front lip is in the works, and bigger aggressive wheels are definitely in this car's future. I'm just waiting for these tires to need replacing before I spend the extra money. I'm extremely happy with the progress so far, especially since all of this work cost me $0. I did most of the work, and traded stuff to a buddy for the paint materials and labor. Another update will come soon enough.

Hotrodhendrix

I remember this from when you posted back in 09. Looks good. Not a fan of the molded sides also but the side skirts look good along with the rear bumper. Nice progress

celicasilfee":3o89pdas said:
love the white, love the shaved side moldings, love the tails, love the rc bumper...... hate the molded sides & rear. All-in-all, very clean, tho & a real head-turner!

I agree. Looks great. Moldings are well performed there as well as the side skirts.