Side skirts and front lip

Visual Styling, Spoilers, and rims

Re: Side skirts and front lip

Postby CMS-GT4 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:16 am

Properly fit some wheels, and make a decent front lip and it should set it apart well enough.

Before/after.

Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
Coldiron
92 st185 (205 swap) | 03 350Z Track (sold) | 13 Pilot | 17 Mazda3
www.noritoy.com | noritoy.deviantart.com | http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891
CMS-GT4
GTSilver Member

1992 Toyota Celica

Postby TokuzoST185 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:28 am

Thanks for the input. The rear isn't uneven, it's actually just the angle of that pic, and the natural dip of that lip. I made it from sectioning the EVO8 rear bumper. This is why it needed to be molded. I wouldn't have molded it if I could have gotten away with that, but there was no way. I still like it 1000x better than the stock rear, and than any US available aftermarket rear. A front lip is in the works, and bigger aggressive wheels are definitely in this car's future. I'm just waiting for these tires to need replacing before I spend the extra money. I'm extremely happy with the progress so far, especially since all of this work cost me $0. I did most of the work, and traded stuff to a buddy for the paint materials and labor. Another update will come soon enough.
Tokuzo
TokuzoST185
Club Member

Postby Hotrodhendrix » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:52 pm

I remember this from when you posted back in 09. Looks good. Not a fan of the molded sides also but the side skirts look good along with the rear bumper. Nice progress
"The more you let life's obstacles slow you down the longer it will take to defeat them."
~Yours truly
Hotrodhendrix
GTFour God

Postby aldrinmaclarens29 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:23 am

celicasilfee wrote:love the white, love the shaved side moldings, love the tails, love the rc bumper...... hate the molded sides & rear. All-in-all, very clean, tho & a real head-turner!

I agree. Looks great. Moldings are well performed there as well as the side skirts.
aldrinmaclarens29

Postby CMS-GT4 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:59 am

Just curious. How did you mount the home depot lip?
Coldiron
www.noritoy.com | noritoy.deviantart.com | http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891
CMS-GT4
GTSilver Member

1992 Toyota Celica

Postby TokuzoST185 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:09 pm

From that first lip? I simply ran it a couple inches too long for the entire front, so that I could make a "tab" out of the end pieces to screw into the fender well. I double side taped the portions that touched the sides, and made a large portion that folded down into the front opening of the bumper. It sat completely flush on the car, and looked pretty good. The issue came when I fiberglassed it, and then found that it didn't properly fit the RC bumper I swapped on. I'm making a new front lip right now, and hope to be finished with it some time next month. I'll post pictures of that then. With a little work, I'm sure you could take that Home Depot lip I started on and fiberglass something nice. Below is a picture of what it could look like. It just didn't fit like I wanted, so starting on a RC bumper is best.

Tokuzo
TokuzoST185
Club Member

Postby CMS-GT4 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:21 pm

Good to know. I may use some of this to work out my lip design, but I am not sure yet.
Coldiron
CMS-GT4
GTSilver Member

1992 Toyota Celica

Postby Hotrodhendrix » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:59 pm

Get that new lip finished up?
"The more you let life's obstacles slow you down the longer it will take to defeat them."
~Yours truly
Hotrodhendrix
GTFour God

Postby TokuzoST185 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:23 am

Not yet. Sorry to everyone for the delay. I've been busy working on a couple other things, and unfortunately front lips take a while. I hope to finish it this month. Stay tuned!
Tokuzo
TokuzoST185
Club Member

Postby FabZ » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:43 pm

it looks great! i love whites celicas ;) (nothing to do with mine being white :P)

but i thing you should have tought of a way to mold everything without filling the joints.. now you cant remove your rear bumper nor your front fenders... that the only bad point i see and the main reason why i'm not a big fan of molding. :P

still you did a good work mate ;)
FabZ
Club Member

Postby TokuzoST185 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:52 pm

Thanks. I'm not worried about the joints being molded as I don't intend on crashing. The only reason to need to remove my fenders is to replace them, and same goes for the rear. If someone hits me then they need to pay, so no biggy. Unfortunately this car has been on the back burner for a very long time, and I still haven't gotten around to finishing the lip. I've been working on my Saabaru and my dad's 02 GTS (mold old car). The ST185 will get some love soon enough. She is in need of a new turbo and tune. We'll see what happens with the lip.
Tokuzo
TokuzoST185
Club Member

Previous

Return to Exterior Mods