5-100 9" Wide VOLK TE37 Can NOW Be Obtain!! Wooo!

Kami Speed

So we've been announcing on the Impreza and 7th Gen Celica forums that Rays have given us access to obtain 5-100 wheels from there Volk TE37 wheels.

This means that the aggressive Wide wheels that were only offered in 5-114.3 can now be obtained in 5-100. I just wanted to spread the word out to you guys as a fellow member from this site (Lawrence S.) told me to. :)

We're currently doing GBs on other sites and if you guys are interested, I can start a GB here.

Now, the downside to this is that this offer will only be good until end of the year and 3 sets minimum would need to be order to make the wheels in 5-100.

If anyone is interested, Lawrence suggested:

Front 17or18x9 et +30 / Rear 17or18x9 et +13 or

Front 17or18/9.5 et +31 / Rear 17or18x9.5 et +13

3119416132_66af7abaab.jpg

3382984170_3768d4a2bf.jpg

3295516827_2179fb7ed1.jpg

Possible GB List:

17x9" +30/ +13

18x9" +30/ +13

CMS-GT4

This is indeed good news.... for those with plenty of cash.

The offsets should be pretty good for those not wanting a spacer as well.

Hopefully this all goes through/legit.

2_Liter_Turbo

How much would a set of the 9" wides cost? And with those offsets, can you fit a good size tire (255-275) or is it only going to go well with the ricer stretched look?

CMS-GT4

I run 255 on my 9" wheels on my 185 and it is not stretched. 275s will fit as well, but you will likely run into rubbing issues unless you pull the fender liner.

You will need to roll the rear fenders for these wheels just to let everyone know.

See this thread for pics.
Pat's (top of page) car has 17x9 25et(f), 3et(r). 245/40 tires.
http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic ... &start=450

Here is mine, 17x9 38 et. 25mm spacer in rear. My rears are what a 13et would be like w/o a spacer.

http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic ... 245#276245

lumbercis

Awesome!

All you whiners from the wheel fitment thread need to step up!! :evil:

Based on the MSRP, I'd expect the price to be anywhere from $2000-$2500 for a set. So have a garage sale, get a credit card, get it while the getting's good!

You aren't going to get a forged wheel set for less than $2000. And you aren't going to get any forged monoblock in 5x100 with an aggressive offset like this. Spacers are not the same. The aggressive concave look comes from having a wide wheel with low offset.

This is the full monty guys!!

And maybe if there is a strong response Ray's will keep these available after the group buy is over.

CMS-GT4

Meurz":2rhfzui5 said:
FOR SALE 17x8+35's!! :D

You could always put some slicks on them and use them for your track wheels, then have the 17x9s for the road. Or vice versa. ;)

2_Liter_Turbo

CMS-GT4":h566cq78 said:
I run 255 on my 9" wheels on my 185 and it is not stretched. 275s will fit as well, but you will likely run into rubbing issues unless you pull the fender liner.

I know 255's aren't stretched, I'm talking about the people who run 215's or 205's on a 9" wheel. It's retarded IMO, but to each his own, lol.

I run 275s on my 9" wides on my 240 and love them, 255's are decent as well. I'd probably go with the 255's due to cost, availability, and the fact that it's AWD, not RWD like the 240, lol.

CMS-GT4

But you wrote 255-275, so I figured that is what you were asking.

215s on a 9" wheel will not only look stupid but it will also not be that safe. 235s might be the most narrow tire you can fit on there, but it will look a little stretched.

Toxygene

Thank you Kami for listening to me and bringing this to the Alltrac.net forums.

As for tires:

The widest tire for the 18" inch set that would still keep gearing and the speedometer accurate would be: 255/30/18 and can be found by ContiSportContact 2 made by Continental.

20718.jpg

And this is what it looks like on a 18x9.5 wheel:
heck2.JPG

seite3.JPG

As for the 17 inch wheels, the only width that I can see that won't throw off the speedometer that much is 235/35/17. Anything else I've found will come in 40 series aspect ratio and will obviously increase the rolling diameter of the tire. However, some other people may know some sizes that are of a acceptable compromise...

Meurz

Tire size-speedo isn't a problem for me, but I don't have THAT much extra room..

1.jpg

^ Not much space left in the arches

Hmm.. :roll:

Toxygene

Meurz":1z2czo6u said:
Tire size-speedo isn't a problem for me, but I don't have THAT much extra room..

1.jpg

^ Not much space left in the arches

Hmm.. :roll:

How do you mean that Rene? Do you mean width or diameter of the wheel?

Either way, you should probably PM Kami.

lumbercis

I'm crappy with math, can someone tell me how the 9.5 width will fit? Obviously I'm assuming coilovers and fender rolling will be mandatory. Would they require fender pulling?

CMS-GT4

lumbercis":7ifblnd9 said:
I'm crappy with math, can someone tell me how the 9.5 width will fit? Obviously I'm assuming coilovers and fender rolling will be mandatory. Would they require fender pulling?

see the latest posts in the wheel thread. We were just discussing the math.

Terracar

lumbercis":1lz51krm said:
Awesome!

All you whiners from the wheel fitment thread need to step up!! :evil:

Based on the MSRP, I'd expect the price to be anywhere from $2000-$2500 for a set. So have a garage sale, get a credit card, get it while the getting's good!

You aren't going to get a forged wheel set for less than $2000. And you aren't going to get any forged monoblock in 5x100 with an aggressive offset like this. Spacers are not the same. The aggressive concave look comes from having a wide wheel with low offset.

This is the full monty guys!!

And maybe if there is a strong response Ray's will keep these available after the group buy is over.

I see Lumbercis is never one to disappoint.

The wheels are out of my price range that I can justify to myself. They look simply amazing and hope that those of you who are able get a crack at them.

-Terracar