5-100 9" Wide VOLK TE37 Can NOW Be Obtain!! Wooo!

Kami Speed

Wow! this was fast. lol Ok, guys here's more details.

Wheel Weight:
17x9" -16lbs
18x9" -17lbs

Retail:
17x9" -$3160 (white or bronze)
18x9" -$3480 (white or bronze)
Special Color: $120 extra

GB Price:
17x9" -$2686 (white or bronze)
18x9" -$2956 (white or bronze)
Special Color: $100 extra

9.5" wheels are $35 more for the set

Special Colors:
BLACK
FLAT BLACK
DIAMOND BLACK
CHROME SILVER
TITANIUM SILVER (Matt)
GREY SILVER
MERCURY SILVER
FORMULA SILVER
GUNMETAL
GOLD
RED
MAG. BLUE

Wait time: 2-4 months

Minimum Order for GB to work:
3 sets

Payment requirement: $1000 down payment and remainder when wheels are ready to ship

Since these wheels are special order; there would be no cancellation and down payment would be non-refundable.

As far as fitment goes, you'll need to roll fenders and use between 235(stretch look) to 255 (will sit square) tires. A little bit of camber and coilovers would be suggested.

The 9.5" wheel will need to completely roll the fenders, 255 tires, negative camber, and coilovers for sure.

Let me know if anyone has any questions.

mike325ci

ET 13 is awesome-- short of going custom no one offers something like that!

this is tempting... by the end of the year? i have an apartment purchase that i have to make, so probably not the smartest thing to plop down the money for something like this just yet... i'm a maybe. i came to like how CE28Ns look, but TE37s are timelessly good looking wheels, though a bit heavier...

rene, you can definitely "trade up" to the proper no-spacers needed wheels now!

Toxygene

lumbercis":dfjd6d1v said:
I'm crappy with math, can someone tell me how the 9.5 width will fit? Obviously I'm assuming coilovers and fender rolling will be mandatory. Would they require fender pulling?

Here's my musings on the 9.5 fitment:

Toxygene":dfjd6d1v said:
Interesting specs! +25 with 17x9 wheel. Maybe we can fit a larger than 9 inch wheel in the front after all? Before, I used to think a +30 offset was the max with a 17x9 wheel. Now, I'm starting to think a 17x9.5 wheel might fit up front.

Previously 17x9 with a 30 offset fit.

Perhaps 17x9.5 at a 30 offset would work.

Here's my logic behind it. That extra .5 inches converts into 12.7mm. Divide that by half to get the additional width added to the front and rear of the rim since offset is measured from the center of the wheel. That gives you 6.35mm. The difference between the offset of what was previously though possible and Pat's wheels looks like this: 30 - 25= 5mm. You then take that extra width of 6.35mm and subtract the difference in offset. That leaves you with 1.35mm of possible protrusion. It's such a small margin. Considering the wheels are custom, the offset could be changed to +31 to compensate.

The only point of concern would be the inside clearance to the struts. Adjustable coil-overs might be required to make this work.

Thoughts? Concerns? Math checks?

You still really need to go over to the wheel fitment thread to understand it and how to pull it off: http://alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic...tart=450&sid=afda19ea8d813a477e446f47c01aaf9a

Kami Speed":dfjd6d1v said:
Wow! this was fast. lol Ok, guys here's more details.

I told you we were desperate... lol. It's too bad this didn't come around when we all had more money in our pockets otherwise you'd be straight getting mauled even more so by us. hehe :twisted:

Gahhhhhh!!!!!! I was a set soooooooooo bad but I have other stuff I need first. I guess I can only hope that they decide to make this more of a production size.

Kami Speed

alltrac101":12btanss said:
I would like to see an actual shot of a 17x9 +30 to see if its really concave

The +30 won't be as concave. It'll have more of a straighter look compared to the +13. The pictures I posted are +18 wheels.

+30 would look more like this:

76-2-110032.jpg

Trance4c

So where do you want us to sign up? Here or another board?

I'm interested in the Front 17x9 et +30 / Rear 17x9 et +13

I think its going to be hard for most to set the 9.5" wides, the +31 offset helps, but I think there will still be strut clearance issues.

Kami Speed

Toxygene":3508x3ho said:
I told you we were desperate... lol. It's too bad this didn't come around when we all had more money in our pockets otherwise you'd be straight getting mauled even more so by us. hehe :twisted:

Yeah, well I'm glad we can help somehow. I know how it is. I have a 5-100 car myself and I'm on this wheel TE37 GB. lol

The good thing is that the rest of the payment wont be needed until the wheels are ready to ship; like 3-4 months down the road.

If it helps we will drop the $1000 downpayment to 25% of total of invoice. Thanks everyone.

Kami Speed

Trance4c":8uh5gy92 said:
So where do you want us to sign up? Here or another board?

I'm interested in the Front 17x9 et +30 / Rear 17x9 et +13

I think its going to be hard for most to set the 9.5" wides, the +31 offset helps, but I think there will still be strut clearance issues.

We can do the GB through here. I'll make a list and add you on there. Once we reach 3 buyers; I will start contacting everyone for the downpayment.

What color did you wanted?

Trance4c

I'm sorry, I wasn't saying I'm for certain yet, I just saw you edited the first post.

Black Diamond please

I just hope we get 3 people willing to be on it, if we do have at least two people, I'll consider it. Thats why I was asking if we should sign up on another board that already has the GB going.

Thanks

Kami Speed":yu47a82s said:
alltrac101":yu47a82s said:
I would like to see an actual shot of a 17x9 +30 to see if its really concave

The +30 won't be as concave. It'll have more of a straighter look compared to the +13. The pictures I posted are +18 wheels.

+30 would look more like this:

76-2-110032.jpg

Maybe, if you're so kind, find out if Rays will do a 17x9 +22....they already have the stock, if so, I'll check how much clearance my +25's are form the strut....that will look much better with both the front & rear concave...at that point I'll consider a set

T-Barr

what's the max you can run with a st 205.. I sometimes tire of all the comments being based around 185's..

lumbercis

^Hey, at least we have an ST205 wheel thread so you don't have to look through a million pages on the ST185 one.

I think as ST205s become more and more common in Canada you will see more ST205 content on these boards.

Gotta be patient for now though. You're an early adopter. :D

ST205 fitment would be a good addition to possibly get more people interested. Someone could repost to 6gc.net as well for our FWD brethren.

Toxygene

I already posted on Celicatech.net for all the widebody Celica's over there to check this out. I even posted on my Myspace Alltrac group, and the Facebook Alltrac group as well.

You ST205 guys need to figure out a spec that works for you first. You all need to collaborate to find and calculate that out and then let Kami Speed know to start a separate group buy for your spec. I'd love to see you guys get this going as well!