POR15/Rust Bullet advice to coat underside?

Visual Styling, Spoilers, and rims

Re: POR15/Rust Bullet advice to coat underside?

Postby TomsGT4 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:41 am

toayoztan wrote:You mention there is no factory replacement of the rocker panel for 2 door coupes...I think I'm a little confused on what you mean exactly. Toyota has the rocker panel available for the alltrac. however, i noticed that it extends back into behind the rear quarter panel. What I was going to do is drill out all the spot welds on the top (where the carpet "hooks on the lip") and drill out the spot welds on the bottom (the bottom lip area where people inappropriately put a jack), then cut the rocker panel straight through where it meets the rear door jamb area (hope this makes sense). I COULD just try to form the metal myself to patch up that hole, but i'm not sure how much of the rest of the rocker panel is starting to rot or is fragile. I really want to avoid the body shop on this one since A) my little brother is a hell of a welder and B) i'm pretty particular on how well things get done.

Huh, didn't know that, and sorry I should have mentioned Non-OEM.
I looked into it for the Corolla on a local part supplier computer database and it showed an n/a. I asked out of curiosity about the Celica. He didn't look, but said that they wouldn't make one for that car either, and then something about coupes. Anyway, apparently he wasn't talking OEM and I have not looked into it because I figured it might cost hundreds of $. But thanks, saw the other thread too.

toayoztan wrote:Yeah could you post up a pic of that rocker panel? If anything, I could just use the new rocker panel and cut out 'plates' from it to replace, if taking out the rocker panel on my alltrac isn't really that feasible.

Thanks for any help!

Bryan

Part of the rocker that needed to be replaced on the Corolla.

This is before I cut the top section off. You can see where the door jamb would work if the entire part was being replace on the 4-door sedan, & it ends at the wheel well.
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
Tom
1990 ST185
1990 Corolla SR5
"The best way to predict the future is to invent it"

Re: POR15/Rust Bullet advice to coat underside?

Postby toayoztan » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:08 am

Apparently the rocker panel for the alltrac has been discontinued by Toyota.

So all in all, it isn't available haha.

Thanks for the pics, I may take my car into the body shop and see what they can do for me.

Bryan
2017 Pilot Elite
2014 Juke NISMO RS
1994 Supra TT 6spd
1993 Alltrac - http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=37466
1977 Celica GT Liftback
2015 Grom
1977 GL1000
toayoztan
GTFour God

1993 Toyota Celica

Previous