wheel spacers

jonnyboygt4

what is the max size wheel spacer i can put on the front without having to add longer studs? ive got to order some 1.5 inch wheel spacers for the rear because the rims i picked up rub the struts in the rear...i realize that spacers arent the best idea but this car is just a DD street car....its not going to see the track ....

schmooot

10mm is the absolute max I would feel safe running without longer studs. I tried a 12mm on and barely got 3 or 4 threads on the lugs

jonnyboygt4

another quick questions for the rear....im gonna be running 225/45r17's which im thinking will rub a bit....but with the rear spaces ...whats the biggest i can go with without having to roll the rear fender? 38mm or 50mm?

jonnyboygt4

does it rub the inner fender? and did you roll yours? i have no idea what the offset of the wheels are.....i picked them up used from someone.....but i need to run the spacers as the tire rubs the strut....hopefully i can find a system that will allow me to use the rims....i guess ill go with the 38mm's in the rear

Tazka

Mine would be cleared out if i would roll my fenders but i yet haven't. It only rubs on bumbs and under heavy body roll. The amount of offset should read somewhere on the wheel, check the wheels for it.

toayoztan

If his wheels are rubbing the strut, i imagine his offset is a bit higher than 37mm (which shouldn't rub the tower i believe).

Assuming this, i think 38mm wouldn't have issues rubbing the fender at all, based on 40mm spacer giving Taska only slight rubbing issues on the fender.

Bryan

bazza2541

you can workout the offset of the wheels with a a straight edge and a tape measure.

take the width of the wheel and divide by two, (gives you the centre line}
put the wheel face down, place the straight edge on the back of the wheel, measure from the bottom of the straight edge to the mounting face.
Take this number from the first to get your offset.