Installed some wheel spacer today

Visual Styling, Spoilers, and rims

Re: Installed some wheel spacer today

Postby shadow_coupe » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:08 pm

AznKlique wrote:By the way, I had some tire rubbing when I had people in the back seats running 17 x 7 wheels with 38 offset with prokit drop. It would only rub when I went over massive bumps.

Have you considered rolling the fenders? That would help a lot depending on how wide your tires are.
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
1990 Celica AllTrac
shadow_coupe
Club Member

1990 Toyota Celica

Postby blk90celica-ht » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:48 pm

AznKlique wrote:Looks great!

By the way, I had some tire rubbing when I had people in the back seats running 17 x 7 wheels with 38 offset with prokit drop. It would only rub when I went over massive bumps.

Thanks, I've haven't had anyone in the back seat yet but i'll remember that if anyone does
blk90celica-ht
Club Member

Postby jonnyboygt4 » Tue May 04, 2010 12:04 pm

187flatliner wrote:i went to install mine and they feel loose around the wheels......also they look ed like they were crooked too.

you need the hubcentric spacers...they have a ring for the hub then another for the rim...the spacers i have are 38mm and they have the hubcentric...as far as falling off theres zero issues...but they do rub...since intalling them ive had to roll my fenders....which took me about 30 mins per wheel... but they still rub a bit when i hit a major bump...i think if you went with a 35mm or less there wouldnt be any rubbing...fyi..im running 225/45R17 tires...that only rub a little bit
91 JDM ST185
"just a little 4-banger"
jonnyboygt4
Club Member

Postby celicast184 » Mon May 10, 2010 5:06 am

where did you find the hub centric spacers? i know i need some for my spacers too. the hub/spindle has the centric ring, but my spacers i bought didn't have any rings in the center. it is completely flat. so if i used hubcentric rings on the hub to spacer, it fits fine. but i cant use them on the spacer to wheel.
I <3 MY ST214
celicast184
Club Member

Postby YerRandO » Mon May 10, 2010 1:13 pm

celicast184 wrote:where did you find the hub centric spacers?

H&R
1990 Alltrac -white: Garage Queen

-James
YerRandO
Club Member

Postby YerRandO » Mon May 10, 2010 1:20 pm

jonnyboygt4 wrote:the spacers i have are 38mm and they have the hubcentric...as far as falling off theres zero issues...but they do rub...since intalling them ive had to roll my fenders....which took me about 30 mins per wheel... but they still rub a bit when i hit a major bump...i think if you went with a 35mm or less there wouldnt be any rubbing...fyi..im running 225/45R17 tires...that only rub a little bit

38mm??? what offset are you running?
1990 Alltrac -white: Garage Queen

-James
YerRandO
Club Member

Previous

Return to Exterior Mods