• Interlagos Blue

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Atlantis Metallic

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Keep it White

Votes: 10 40.0%

• Total voters

Toxygene

So, in anticipation of possibly being employed again, I have been looking at colors that I will have my Alltrac painted when I start restoring her again. I found a shop the specializes in restorations and I'm starting to get a quote for everything that I want done. I happen to like a lot of BMW colors and the three that I happen to like the most are:

Space Grey Metallic
modm34.jpg

Interlagos Blue
attachment.php

Atlantis Metallic
NN38.jpg

What do you all think? Any other suggestions for Silver/Grey Tones or Blue? I was also considering some kind of Metallic Green color as well but I haven't found one I like enough yet. I'm looking for upscale colors that you find on luxury cars.

Also, I'm looking to get some Rotiform VCE wheels as they replicate the OZ racing wheels look and I can get them in any width and offset I want not to mention color. Probably White for Blue paints and some kind of Silver/Graphite gunmetal color for the Space Grey Metallic paint.
28282_10150195255680048_264929400047_12904484_5736626_n.jpg

Toxygene

I know huh! It's tough to choose!

I love that Grey color. I saw it in person and fell in love with it since. It has a slight purplish hue at certain angles. Something that I think would show off the wide-body curves on our cars very nicely.

mike325ci

Go with the space gray.

I personally like the Atlantis Blue, and were I get an E92, I'd pick that color lol, but I don't think it'll look as good on our Celicas...

Toxygene

Only way I'd do white is if I do a Lexus IS300 Pearl White. Otherwise I hate this bland white color because a lot of the features of the body of this car are lost in the color. A metallic paint would at least show it off better. What a waste of a wide-body if you can't enjoy the subtle curves of her body.

Actually saw a new color that I really dug. Not sure it would go on the Alltrac but it was very interesting to say the least. I think it's called Midnight Mocha. It looks almost black but then turns this kind of deep eggplant metallic purple. I saw one of these Infinitis with that color on it and I was wowed by it.
FX50+008.jpg

Toxygene

toayoztan":3dl37ww1 said:
The picture does not do justice for Space Gray Metallic, and i like it a lot.

Bryan

I know huh! That color looks amazing in person! Has a slight purplish hue to it in certain light and angles. I figure going with a really nice OEM color makes it easier to maintain in case of bumps or nicks.

Toxygene

Yeah, I think this pretty much helped me make up my mind. It will be Space Gray Metallic.

Now the next question is what color should those wheels be. Polished, Machined, Gloss Black, Matte Black, Gun Metal, or Silver?

28282_10150195255680048_264929400047_12904484_5736626_n.jpg

toayoztan

Yeah, I agree, going with a factory OEM color is easier, and allows you to see the paint color on an actual car.

For the wheels and chosen body color combo, I would say nothing blingy/shiney.

Therefore, gunmetal would be nice, although I think machined would look nice.

Bryan