Help chosing what color to paint car. ( need photoshop)

sleeper

Going to paint the car in a few days, ( inside and outside so color change is not a problem.)

But would like some ideas to what color i should chose..
the options are:

1: stock toyota super red like in the pictures
2: candy apple red
3: stock red or candy red up to right over the door handles and black over.
4: Stock red, but a little darker.

( if anyone can photoshop it for me it would be great.)

So what do you think? ( i will still have white rims, and kind of a rally style on it..)

Attachments

• celica2.jpg
    celica2.jpg
    631.9 KB · Views: 1,114
  • celica.jpg
    celica.jpg
    514.1 KB · Views: 1,114

toayoztan

Do red (stock or candy, your choice), but get the roof and A-pillars painted in gloss black. It looks good with your rear quarter panel design (similar to the 240sx). My bro did this on his 240sx and got nothing but compliments.

Bryan

d1alltrac

I think 165's look better in a solid color. The black roof doesn't flow right IMO. The problem is where the fender meets the a-pillar and door. A black roof makes the front end look taller than the doors and quarter panels because of the black window trim. Kind of hard to explain but it just doesn't work.

sleeper

d1alltrac":23r0zkdz said:
I think 165's look better in a solid color. The black roof doesn't flow right IMO. The problem is where the fender meets the a-pillar and door. A black roof makes the front end look taller than the doors and quarter panels because of the black window trim. Kind of hard to explain but it just doesn't work.

i undestad what you`r saying, if i would paint it 2 colored, i would have black from the angle that starts right over the door handle ( about 10 from the top on the fenders..

d1alltrac

A true two-tone might work...I bet chip foose would do that to a 165 in a heartbeat. (too much overhaulin' :p )

Mafix

only about 900. but here is a simple example
day51d.jpg

psn.jpg

psk.jpg

and paint job #2
npd1.jpg

and now this winter i'll be digging into paint job #3