Chin spoiler

trd-at

Here are some pics of my new chin spoiler. It is from a 99-2004 Mustang, this is the Mach 1 spoiler. Needed very little modification to fit and pretty much fits perfect. Since I work at a stang shop I was able to get ahold of this to verify fitment. Secured with all stainless hardware.

IMG_0504.jpg

IMG_0503.jpg

IMG_0501.jpg

CMS-GT4

Cool. I was wondering if that would fit, I just was afraid to buy one to find out. I am curious how it looks on the RC bumper.

alltracshoak

yes indeed was curious too..well it looks better then the civic lip on a alltrac..so far the contour match better so it'll probably look ok on a rc bumber

trd-at

the portion that mates against the bumper is flat and follows the lines of the chin spoiler. To allow for a bit more flex i had cut about 9 small trialgles out of the spoiler. This allowed the spoiler to follow the actual lines of the bumper a bit closer. Not a big deal at all and was easier to mold to the bumper for sure

jonnyboygt4

trd-at":v16ys622 said:
the portion that mates against the bumper is flat and follows the lines of the chin spoiler. To allow for a bit more flex i had cut about 9 small trialgles out of the spoiler. This allowed the spoiler to follow the actual lines of the bumper a bit closer. Not a big deal at all and was easier to mold to the bumper for sure

do you have a part number for this? would love to get one...

WarTowels

Sorry to hate, but I hate it. =(

I don't think it adds anything to the car except 2" of black plastic and some shiny wire. Looks wonkey and out of place on an otherwise clean car! It looks like garage door sealer to me, but then again it is from a Mustang...

Sorry. :|

-Towels

trd-at

ha ha, dont worry, hate on! Shiny wires? Do you mean the ties for my hood pins, the hood pins are not in so they are just hanging. I do think that it looks much better in person though, the pictures make the ends of the spoiler where it meets the fenders look too long but they are totally flush. Anyways, it's your individual tastes that make up what you like, tastes good to me. Thanks for the critisism man

GT4_ever

I'm a fan of front lips, subtle way of looking lower and better. Plus it hides the damn tow hooks.

What's the part # and price?

trd-at

Mine is ford OE but here is a company Xenon who make one, found it cheaper too, just google search it. Or, someone can call ford for a price but i would assume that it is close to twice as much.

___Scott___

Just to toss in my $0.02USD, it's too shiny. It should be either more of a matte finish, or painted to match the body color. The OEM Mustang chin spoiler is a matte finish, which I prefer.

trd-at

Before i installed this one i sprayed it with wd40 and cleaned it up a bit, that is why it is shiny.

smog7

i'd rather go the diy home depot route.

besides that, your wheels look dope. what are their specs? brand?

trd-at

home depot huh? Thanks, they are Konig Countersteers. They are made specifically for JLB Motorsports. 17X7 +35. I like them, pretty light too