ST162/165 OEM style carbon fiber hood GROUP BUY?

MXP_57

Hey guys,

Anybody would be interested in OEM style carbon fiber bonnets?

Made by VIS racing.

We need 15 people including me, worldwide.

Let's make it happen!
:D

MXP_57

a got an estimation for 450usd/550usd + shipping

I'am waiting for a total and see if we can negociate.

Anybody interested?

MXP_57

I don't know,

I'm not a fan of changing the exterior look of such a legendary car. The st165 has square angles, and st185 style scoops don't really match the car in my opinion.

Do you think most people prefer with a scoop?

Rick89GTS

^Yes. The vent issue comes up every time someone proposes a CF hood. You can use the search and you'll see the previous attempts, but none have gotten past proposal stage.

alternate.eago

I would be interested, more so if there was a tasteful scoop on it. I actually like the regular 185 scoop though... but a carbon cs for the 165 would be hella sweet too.

Thanks again PO for drilling holes with a hole saw then sticking on a pep-boys scoop that would fly off on the way home! :shoots:

d1alltrac

Yeah, everyone wants a vent of some kind but no one agrees on one design. ST162 owners might be more interested in an OEM style since they don't have our engine bay temp issues.

toayoztan

For those interested in a vent and want something more square, look into the Evo hoods. I feel they'd fit the ST165 better...as I also agree the 185cs vent does not fit the profile/geometry of the 165 well.

Bryan

d1alltrac

I'm not really a fan of the evo vent and a scoop would be pointless...we need to let heat out. I'd prefer something like one of these. (I hate ford but these vents are nice.) Even with something this simple, placement becomes the issue.
08gt500kr_vents.jpg

sms_saleenvent.jpg

Rick89GTS

No one's ever gotten this off the ground. Maybe this one can be the first to do it.
Guys usually just make their own one-off hoods and that's the end of it.