powdercoating

Visual Styling, Spoilers, and rims

powdercoating

Postby kilt88 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:38 am

Anyone have any great powdercoating vendor recommendations? I have some ST205 rear calipers I'm installing, and I'd like to coat them first. Somewhere near Denver would be nice, but not super important.

Thanks,
Josh
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
Josh
from 185 Performance, many moons ago
92 ST185
Current Project http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=46970
Duluth, GA
kilt88
Club Member

Re: powdercoating

Postby temperacerguy » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:06 am

My favorite powdercoater is Vyne Powdercoating in Tempe, AZ

http://vynepowdercoating.com

He does both industrial as well as custom powdercoating.

However I do it all myself now.
the VIS hood group buy is now closed.... you missed out!
temperacerguy
Club Member

Postby kilt88 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:56 pm

Thanks, I'll check them out.
Josh
92 ST185
Duluth, GA
kilt88
Club Member

Postby Hotrodhendrix » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:44 pm

If you have a decent amount of things you want to powder you may want to just look into doing it yourself. Very very easy.
"The more you let life's obstacles slow you down the longer it will take to defeat them."
~Yours truly
Hotrodhendrix
GTFour God

Postby ZeroDrift » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:33 pm

I've been using a small shop down in Alamosa called High Altitude Coating. The owner has been doing this for many years and has a great deal of experience mixing colors and doing custom work. He's done great quality work for me for the last few years. He's always gone out of his way to ensure his customers are satisfied with the work and he's great to chat with.

ZeroDrift
Club Member

1988 Toyota Celica

Postby kilt88 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:23 pm

ZeroDrift wrote:I've been using a small shop down in Alamosa called High Altitude Coating. The owner has been doing this for many years and has a great deal of experience mixing colors and doing custom work. He's done great quality work for me for the last few years. He's always gone out of his way to ensure his customers are satisfied with the work and he's great to chat with.

Ooh, even closer to home ... great. Whom should I talk with?

josh
Josh
92 ST185
Duluth, GA
kilt88
Club Member

Postby ZeroDrift » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:34 pm

kilt88 wrote:
ZeroDrift wrote:I've been using a small shop down in Alamosa called High Altitude Coating. The owner has been doing this for many years and has a great deal of experience mixing colors and doing custom work. He's done great quality work for me for the last few years. He's always gone out of his way to ensure his customers are satisfied with the work and he's great to chat with.

Ooh, even closer to home ... great. Whom should I talk with?

josh

Josh, the owners name is Ken, and he has his friend help him out at times. I believe his friend's name is Bill. Bill is a little hard to understand at times as he had a stroke or something a few years back. Their contact number is 719-580-0699 and they are just off of hwy 160 near the intersection of hwy 17. You may get some luck if you tell him that Clayton sent you, but no guarantees.

Also I live just down the road from them so I can always give a hand. I occasionally drive up to the springs/Denver as well, so I could pick up the parts potentially.
ZeroDrift
Club Member

1988 Toyota Celica

Postby kilt88 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:37 pm

ZeroDrift wrote:Josh, the owners name is Ken, and he has his friend help him out at times. I believe his friend's name is Bill. Bill is a little hard to understand at times as he had a stroke or something a few years back. Their contact number is 719-580-0699 and they are just off of hwy 160 near the intersection of hwy 17. You may get some luck if you tell him that Clayton sent you, but no guarantees.

Also I live just down the road from them so I can always give a hand. I occasionally drive up to the springs/Denver as well, so I could pick up the parts potentially.

Excellent ... thank you. Have you had them try to color match anything?
Josh
92 ST185
Duluth, GA
kilt88
Club Member

Postby ZeroDrift » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:46 pm

kilt88 wrote:
ZeroDrift wrote:Josh, the owners name is Ken, and he has his friend help him out at times. I believe his friend's name is Bill. Bill is a little hard to understand at times as he had a stroke or something a few years back. Their contact number is 719-580-0699 and they are just off of hwy 160 near the intersection of hwy 17. You may get some luck if you tell him that Clayton sent you, but no guarantees.

Excellent ... thank you. Have you had them try to color match anything?

Never tried to have things color matched on my own car before as I've always opted for some sort of theme that started at the beginning. I believe they'd be pretty good at it since he's made a large assortment of custom colors in the past. He typically does work on bikes, and powder for car parts, with the occasional farm equipment. Bike owners tend to be very picky about colors and such. Just as a heads up, everything in this town operates slowly. So when he says a week, expect a few days longer.
ZeroDrift
Club Member

1988 Toyota Celica

Postby kilt88 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:13 pm

ZeroDrift wrote:Never tried to have things color matched on my own car before as I've always opted for some sort of theme that started at the beginning. I believe they'd be pretty good at it since he's made a large assortment of custom colors in the past. He typically does work on bikes, and powder for car parts, with the occasional farm equipment. Bike owners tend to be very picky about colors and such. Just as a heads up, everything in this town operates slowly. So when he says a week, expect a few days longer.

Ok, thanks a lot.

josh
Josh
92 ST185
Duluth, GA
kilt88
Club Member

Return to Exterior Mods