13' Hyundai Genesis Coupe Wheels on alltrac

xander279

Right now I have a set of 17s Scion tC wheels wrapped in some decent rubber @ 215 width and 45 profile. They rub a little bit but i'm about to put on a set of K-Sport Kontrol coilovers and hopefully that will solve any rubbing issue now and in the future. I think the only reason it rubs anyways is because it drives like a boat and bounces way too much since the suspension is shot.

I also drive a 2013 Hyundai Genesis Base with 18in OEM wheels. the tire widths are pretty high... up to 245 width. i was wondering if these wheels with the K-Sport Coilovers will cause them to rub?

I know the bolt pattern is different too. do you guys recommend this bolt pattern adapter?

http://www.motorcitybolton.com/wheel-ad ... pters.html

CMS-GT4

Offset and width need to be know before anything can be guessed. You will have to use at least a 20mm adapter to run them on the front, so you need to make sure they will still fit under the fenders with an adapter, that is unless you go with the hub conversion. I converted my hubs allowing me to run my 18" 350z rays.

photo57zf.jpg

xander279

sentraman":smxn0cmb said:
don't you want to use the 5x100 to 5x114.3?

i'm not sure. the native bolt pattern on the celica is 5x100. and the bolt pattern on the genesis wheels are 5x114.3

xander279

CMS-GT4":1acw823p said:
Offset and width need to be know before anything can be guessed. You will have to use at least a 20mm adapter to run them on the front, so you need to make sure they will still fit under the fenders with an adapter, that is unless you go with the hub conversion. I converted my hubs allowing me to run my 18" 350z rays.

photo57zf.jpg

where did you get your spacers and a adapters?

sentraman

amp279":3cuhrjqh said:
sentraman":3cuhrjqh said:
don't you want to use the 5x100 to 5x114.3?

i'm not sure. the native bolt pattern on the celica is 5x100. and the bolt pattern on the genesis wheels are 5x114.3

yep so you will want to use the adapters that go from 5x100 to 5x114.3.

CMS-GT4

where did you get your spacers and a adapters?[/quote]

For the front I use a rav4 hub, the rear I had alltrac to rav4 specs made as a 25mm spacer by these guys. http://www.motorsport-tech.com/
Since I have a couple sets of 205 rear rotors laying around I decided to not change my rear bolt pattern yet.

underscore

I'm curious why you'd bother converting the rear to 114.3 anyways, since you need a 25mm spacer to fill out the rears anyways, why not just stick with the adapters?

CMS-GT4

For one of two reasons. If I convert just the hub, I have the option of running some nice deep dish wheels on the back. My other consideration is swapping to the 205 rear end I have and gaining the track width to not need a rear spacer at all. The later is likely the choice I will make, but that will be sometime down the road.