AEROMAGIC FRONT LIP ST185 LOOKING FOR INTEREST / GROUP BUY

Visual Styling, Spoilers, and rims

Re: AEROMAGIC FRONT LIP ST185 LOOKING FOR INTEREST / GROUP

Postby crymson » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:18 am

I'm also interested in the final product.
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
1990 Red Celica GT-S "Gracie" - sold
2001 Red Celica GT-S "Hannah"
1993 Formerly Blue Celica Alltrac "Alexandra"
crymson
Club Member

Postby FC Zach » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:48 am

fussellbug wrote:Any idea what cost will be shipped to the US?

I'm curious about this as well, if not an arm-and-a-leg I'll be interested too.
1992 Toyota Celica AllTrac
1987 Mazda RX7 Sport
1979 Yamaha G1A, rotary powered with Sachs KM24
1976 Hercules W2000, oil injected
FC Zach
Club Member

1992 Toyota Celica

Postby MATT-S » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:28 am

So this is the finished product, it is actually stronger and has a better finish than the original. I'm not to familiar with fibreglassing, but my guy says he has used a special automotive quality gel coat that is better for painting. And he has used a type of fibreglass webbing tape that gives the product a lot more strength. I have offered this lip up against 2 CS bumpers and the fitment appears spot on, as soon as I get a chance I will permanently fit it to a car so that I am sure it fits well. We will have a 2 piece version made next week hopefully which will be a lot cheaper for shipping to you guys in USA Australia and Canada. I will get pictures up of this as soon as it is finished. I will contact some shipping companies over the next few days to get a quote for shipping the one piece lip, I think it's really the 2 piece that will be the best option for you guys outside Europe but I will get prices for both so that you have a choice.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/1115/gaib.jpg

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/1641/c45y.jpg

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/9704/2sie.jpg

http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/8808/qonk.jpg
MATT-S
Club Member

Postby fussellbug » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:51 am

Any chance you could get a picture of this lip on the non-CS bumper? I'm wondering if it would require any significant modification to fit the regular ST185 bumper.
fussellbug
Club Member

1990 Toyota Celica

Postby MATT-S » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:18 pm

I'll try my best, but to be honest I am struggling to think of anyone who has the normal bumper anymore. I believe the undersides of the bumper are the same in any case so I cant see any problems arising, also this lip was originally made for the non CS bumper, there was a picture on the first page, it looks as though it is down though?
MATT-S
Club Member

Postby CSAlltrac » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:39 pm

Want!!!
ALLTRAC AT FIRST SIGHT
CSAlltrac
Established Member

Postby MATT-S » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:43 pm

MATT-S
Club Member

Postby Droptop93 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:43 am

Want!!! I had an authentic aeromagic lip get sold outfrom under me many years ago. So this is fantastic!

I have the front bumper in the pic above. It was offered as a "special edition" I believe. All that is different is the fogs and inserts.
Droptop93
Club Member

Postby MATT-S » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:14 pm

Hi Droptop, yes that's correct with the round fog lights, I have a set here with the surrounds, they just pop off they are the same dimensions as the inserts on the regular set up.

SHIPPING
Ok Shipping for the 1 piece lips USA and Canada it is going to be £145 Australia more like £205 I honestly can't decide if this is a good price or not, obviously its a lot of money for shipping, but the parcel is about the size of a house door and 3 times as thick so it's a big old parcel to be going half way around the world.

Shipping on the 2 piece should work out at less than half that price, I won't have an exact price until it is finished and I can experiment with different packaging arrangements.

So as mentioned, the 2 piece will be a lot cheaper on shipping, but if anyone does want the 1 piece it might be better to send the items in bulk, maybe I can send 5 to one address then they can be distributed from there? Or perhaps I can arrange for land and sea freight rather than air I'm open to any suggestions that will help you guys out. So if you have any ideas or suggestions please let me know, maybe there is a shipping company in your country that is cheaper than here that you know of? Anything at all that will help just let me know and I will try my best to help.
MATT-S
Club Member

Postby fussellbug » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:47 pm

If anyone is willing to do grouped shipping to a single location, I would be interested in a less expensive alternative. For now, cutting the cost of shipping by half is worth waiting a little while longer.
fussellbug
Club Member

1990 Toyota Celica

Postby CSAlltrac » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:18 pm

Whats going to be the finished product cost without shipping? Someone on the east coast would be ideal to receive a bulk order, but purchasers would have to put in X amount of dollars to get it to that location, then pay shipping again to get it the rest of the way. Might be a giant headache with little savings. Gotta get a nailed down price here with the different shipping options.
ALLTRAC AT FIRST SIGHT
CSAlltrac
Established Member

Postby MATT-S » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:10 am

The finished lip will be £150, just to note I'm not doing this as a money making exercise, at £150 each I will need to sell over 50 lips just to recoup the costs of purchasing the original, getting it back from Japan and having the mould made.

What is everyone's opinion of the 2 piece? Is this a good idea? It will be made properly with a flange in the middle so it can be riveted or bonded etc together I'm expecting shipping to be less than half the cost of the original. Or would you rather the full length lip with more expensive shipping.

Probably the cheapest way of shipping the full length lip will be in a container but of course we are then tied in to making a group buy, taking deposits and domestic shipping, if someone wants to arrange this I will do everything I can to help, but as mentioned I think this will be a huge ball ache for someone.
MATT-S
Club Member

Postby CSAlltrac » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:02 pm

I like the idea of the two piece, I would rather pay my own shipping even if it were the one piece. The group buy idea is good but it will only further the delayby an unknown amount of time.
ALLTRAC AT FIRST SIGHT
CSAlltrac
Established Member

Postby magnum » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:39 pm

I could bring in 10 or so lips into North America then resell them.
magnum
Club Member

1990 Toyota Celica

Postby CSAlltrac » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:45 pm

magnum wrote:I could bring in 10 or so lips into North America then resell them.

That would still be international for lower 48.
ALLTRAC AT FIRST SIGHT
CSAlltrac
Established Member

PreviousNext

Return to Exterior Mods