6th gen mirrors on st185? *pictures*

fhalperformance

So I had a extra set of red mirrors from the doors I swapped on my 94 celica and thought it would be interesting to see what it looks like bolted to the trac. I have read that ppl have put 5th gen mirrors on their 6th gens thus the inspiration for the idea. The holes on the door need to be modified so I havent attached them all the way yet. The base of the mirror is rounded where it sits by the a-pillar so it doesnt look 100 percent but thought I would share how it looked. What do you guys think?

underscore

I like that a lot better than the folding mirrors, and it's definitely more low key than the stock 5th gen mirrors.

fhalperformance

I am partial to them. I just have to modify the holes to bolt it up and I havent committed to permanent modification of the doors just yet. I still have alot to do to the car before mirrors are even necessary at this point I was just looking for opinions. I hate the folding mirrors and the ears Im not too fond of. Plus the ones that came with my car are white where these ones are a closer match.

CMS-GT4

It doesn't look bad. I have kicked around getting some folding mirrors just cause if something hits the oem ones, they are screwed. This look like a promising option.

fhalperformance

Well I will keep you guys informed as I go. Ill take some more pictures this weekend of the similarities and differences. Got a wedding so I doubt Ill get much done but Im going to go forward with these mirrors.

fhalperformance

So I took some more pictures and looked at the two different mirrors side by side. It looks like it shouldnt take much doing to get them on the door. I tried taking apart the 94 celica mirror in an attempt to see how the threaded pieces underneath the plastic piece are attached to the mirror with no success. Looks like the screws just loosen the plastic cover you have to take the entire mirror apart to remove. Thats it for now had a lot of running around to do today and a wedding tomorrow so hopefully Ill make some more progress this coming week.

picture of the two mirrors in comparison. It looks like the forward most bolt lines up and the other two holes need to be slotted/enlarged to be able to bolt the mirror on to make it look like the 93 mirrors.

-mirror mounting is different then the 93 mirrors. Ill get the dremel out and modify it so it fits better.

-here is the part of the 94 celica door the mirror came off of. You can tell by comparison to the st185 doors that its a little different. I have to check again in the morning on the trac and see if I missed anything.

fhalperformance

Here is some pictures from the mount up of the drivers side mirror. I have to modify two holes on the door so it can bolt up and put the passenger side mirror on. The pictures arent the greatest the ones on the car were taken in the dark when I got finished. You can see the upper corner is sticking out a little bit and thats because the only bolt holding the mirror on is the front one. I will need a washer under the mirror up there when I install it 100 percent. I havent started on the wiring yet as I dont have a battery, fuse box, or mirror switch (i have to look for that one).

-modifications required to get the mirror to fit pretty close.

fhalperformance

I got the mirrors mostly installed on my Trac. Looks like they are gonna be maxed based on where my head is in the seat but they work lol. I bolted the front in the stock hole and drilled another one for the highest bolt. It looks like one mirror sits a quarter inch higher on one side oddly enough. They look identical with the door shut from normal height.