ST185 trailer hitch?

k-len

The trailer is 250 kg (551lb), the sled is about the same wet.

~1200kg (2645lb) is the limit i can pull with this hitch (legaly), but with te bigger trailer, 3 sleds, clohing, packing, gas and whatnot, i gues i´m howling about 1500kg(3307lb) sometimes.

2½" radiator helps with the cooling, but as you say, a car and cartrailer would be heavier.

sleeper

I know this is a old post, but was hoping someone have a hitch setup for sale or know where i can find one.
Just need it to tow my jetski\gokart... :D

FC Zach

sleeper":2fijo6nr said:
I know this is a old post, but was hoping someone have a hitch setup for sale or know where i can find one.
Just need it to tow my jetski\gokart... :D

Google Curt 11227

FC Zach

Also, that part number won't say it fits an AllTrac simply because of safety reasons due to the gas tanks location. . However it does fit (I have it on mine). I recommend buying it with a Euro insert. . You can get a package deal like this.

http://www.curtmfg.com/part/112271

FC Zach

33431719486_751abb1bfe_z.jpg

33472542235_c444fb531e_z.jpg

freddie

Some years ago I had a Mini Cooper S that I raced. I had a all steel Trailer fabricated to haul the car around on.
My tow car was a Ford Cortina Wagon powered by the 2litre overhead cam engine (Ford Pinto engine)

With the trailer and race car hooked up, my tool box, extra fuel, trolley jack, extra wheels etc, all loaded up
it was a considerable load.

The Trailer had brakes, activated by the tow hitch on the trailer. The trailer spring mounts were set up high so
the trailer sat low and was well balanced.

The tow bar on the Cortina was fabricated to connected into the rear bumper mounts chassis positions and bolts.
Then the rear bumper fixed onto the tow bar. There was a steel strap which connected to the tow bar in the center
and extended under the rear floor (boot floor) of the car and connected to the floor near the back seat. It was
bolted and plated to the floor to give extra strength to the tow bar.

The Cortina pulled that load ok. That is it was no rocket ship on take off's. Once you got moving and cruising along
at 35mph or above, no problems what so ever. On the way to my race circuit there was a hill, if I could get a bit
of a run up I could stay in forth gear (4 speed box). If there was a slow car in front well it would be back to 3rd.

Stopping (with brakes on the trailer) was no problem. Stomping on the brake pedal was like deploying a drag shute
you sure noticed it.

freddie

I fitted air bags to the rear suspension and when I loaded up the tow car, I pumped them up to keep
the rear level. Handling was never a problem. That trailer was well built and behaved well no matter
what the pavement was like. A little tip here, in tow my race car was secured to the trailer to the
car body/chassis and that stopped it bouncing around on the trailer.

So using your Celica as a tow car, yes it is do-able. Having four wheel drive possibly a plus. Just take
it easy. Take off slow and easy at the lights. Smooth on the clutch and gear changes. Pick a safe RPM
on your tacho and stick to it. If your RPM starts to fall change up a gear and visa-vera (like driving a
diesel haha)

These days you can get electric operated brakes for your trailer and they are brilliant.

The worst thing about towing is all the shits on the road. The ones that pull in front of you, or brake at
the last second, or drive slow in front of you. People driving auto's and keep hitting the brake pedal and
their brake lights keep flashing at you grrrrrrrrr.....................