Interchangeable Doors

Gordon12

Hi guys, so I see a lot about door parts and locks and switches being interchangeable. But im curious if the entire door is. I have a 86 st161 coupe. With manual window doors. We'll there is an 88 st162 coupe with electric window doors at the junk yard. Any one know if they will swap directly out?

deecee

Should be able to. Manufacturers wouldnt tend to mass produce an item like a door with small customisations or differences unless there was something unique like the st185 widebody rear quarter panels.

Gordon12

We'll this sucks, I was hoping it was just plug and play, but.it's not :( guess on going to have to.wire them in.

warracer

Well I don't know about the 16X's but the 18X's door are interchangable, I picked up a 92 GTS door for mine and in plugged right in the loom no issue whatsoever

Gordon12

Yeah I'll post picks, it will plug right in, but.only wires there on my car I believe is for the red light in the door panel itself.

Gordon12

This one is of on the junk yard car with electric windows, thick bunch of wires on both sides. I'll get a pic of my cars tomorrow

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1409896463925.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1409896463925.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 1,650

underscore

warracer":1bani2le said:
Well I don't know about the 16X's but the 18X's door are interchangable, I picked up a 92 GTS door for mine and in plugged right in the loom no issue whatsoever

They physically fit but the 185 doors are different internally from the other T18 doors.

Gordon12

Well doors definitely interchangeable. Got it on. Keeping my old door panels because they look better, with slight customization. Now on to swapping the harness.uploadfromtaptalk1410154888155.jpg