Possible Group Buy for Urethane RC bumper lip

Lamont

I am in, but if the price suddenly takes off or the fab guy drags his feet. I will quickly lose interest :roll:

Sifu

I'd like to know more about the mounting locations and how it's installed. Fasters, how many, taped, etc. I'd hate to punch a bunch of holes into a CS bumper just for a lip.

brophats

Ok i heard back from Campos and for some reason he says he needs 100 orders to brake even which is a crazy high number. Price is supposed to be 170-250. I'm still trying to work out a much lower number of orders for the group buy. I'll try and mock up the fiberglass one i have again to get more pics from different angles this weekend.

CMS-GT4

Last I spoke to them a few years ago, I don't think they sold it.

Worst case scenario, I wonder if we could get the lip vacuum formed. I have seen some low runs done that way for other cars.

brophats

The price would be with shipping included I believe, that's how he prices all of his mr2 stuff. I'll get a legit list of people going when I get home to my computer. I'm trying to get him to take a min of 25 orders, 100 lips at 250 is $25,000 it can't cost him that much to break even. I'll give updates as I get them. I really hope he will do it with fewer orders. Also if the urethane material is the issue would anyone have a problem with frp or carbon as an optional material?

CMS-GT4

I personally am not keen on either of those options due to the long overhang of the car. The reason I got rid of my fiberglass lip is because it was so rigid that I would had broke it on the way out my driveway. I have read some FRP can be made flexible enough to handle some impact, but I am not qualified to know if a maker can do that well enough.

What material would the final product be?

A few years ago I asked a local fiberglass guy who makes parts for drag cars how much to reproduce my front lip, he was around $375-$450 in gelcoat black hand laid FG & only needed 15-20 orders to start. The problem was my original lip would be damaged in the process of making the mold

I would have done a pakfiefer lip but as Josh said they stick out too far & I think it narrows too much at the front.

I hope this works out for you guys