folding mirrors question

Akihero

ok so i bought a rhd clip which also had the doors so i have door wiring to replace so the mirrors work but my question is do i just swap out the relay box from the rhd to the us or is there something i have to do additional? and the wiring was removed prior to me buying it so the door wiring was in a box with the mirrors and other misc parts. is there a difference in the door wiring between the left and right door ?

FC Zach

As long as you have the wiring, switch, and relay box that should be all you need I imagine. . When I did mine I didn't have all that so I had to source the door harness mirror connectors and run extra wires through the door grommet to the relay box via a diagram I got from a member here. You'll have to run the extra wire from the switch to the relay box unless the clip has that as well.

Akihero

sorry if pics are too large
so im not sure what to do now after looking into my clip i think i found the relay and i found a re tractor control box which im pretty positive i do not have wiring in the usdm car for these boxes

eytzt7prj

f0HXYPngj

part number is listed in case anyone is looking for that

and the plugs are different pin outs also
ey52yqPMj

and i have all the cabling front to back un-cut
ipiAnK2Gj

so now im not sure if i have to rip out all the us stuff for the jdm stuff

FC Zach

Akihero":2vqk0hdz said:
so im not sure what to do now after looking into my clip i think i found the relay and i found a re tractor control box
Unless your mirrors do more than fold, the blue box is all you need. The black box you have pictured is for something else I believe. EDIT: sorry, I got things mixed up. . not the blue box but the black box. The blue box is for the headlights I think.

Akihero":2vqk0hdz said:
which im pretty positive i do not have wiring in the usdm car for these boxes
You are right, no plugs for box, switch, or mirrors. You're going to have to reuse the connectors from the JDM clip for the mirrors and box. If you have the connector for the switch too, great! (if not, no worries since they are the same connector. . USDM just has less pins) use that but if not, simply add the retract wire which goes to the box.

Here's the diagram I mentioned in my first post.

Attachments

• Mirror Wiring.jpg
    Mirror Wiring.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 1,842