is paint the same for 90gt and 90ALLTRAC?

EVcelica

i'm trying to get my rc front bumper painted. and shops are asking 300+. thats rediculous, and they keep looking up the stock alltrac bumper, which i'm sure takes more paint and is more difficult to paint than the RC one. I'm wondering if i can give a body shop the vin number to a red celica gt of my year (90). is the paint the same? or do the alltracs have a clearcoat or better paint or anything different than the regular gt's? cuz i bet it is cheaper to get one of these bumpers painted. Thanks I'm going to call toyota and see if they know if there is a difference too.

BraveUlysses

All Toyotas in solid colors did not use clearcoats at the time the ST18X cars were made.

They shouldn't need to look anything up, just tell them you want your bumper painted in Toyota Super Red. You will find that this red will most likely, be much darker than the rest of the paint on your car because of the severe fading that happens with Toyota Super Red.

300 bucks is about right for a good paint job with prep work on a bumper, especially since they should match it closer to your faded paint.

EVcelica

thanks yeah its the same and it does have a clearcoat. i don't know if they added that later or what but my car has new paint so it matches perfectly. when i gave them a celica gt vin instead of an alltrac vin it was 50 bucks cheaper to paint the rc bumper. so if anyone plans on painting a bumper, give them a 90 celica gt vin# from autotrader.