165 Door question

Howie

I asked this on the last forum but didnt get to see any reponces because of the change.

Does the 165 All Tracs have plastic peices that attach on the lower half of the doors? If so, does anyone here have these for sale and how much?

Howie

Sorry, i should have been more specific. I meant the outer doorskin below the trim in the middle.

Rick89GTS

Howie":11vl3yh7 said:
Sorry, i should have been more specific. I meant the outer doorskin below the trim in the middle.

Yes. I saw a pair in the junkyard but I'm in Canada and the cost of shipping would be crazy high.

165bodymoulding.jpg

AWDtoyota

Rick89GTS wrote:
Yes. I saw a pair in the junkyard but I'm in Canada and the cost of shipping would be crazy high

You have all-tracs in the junkyards in Canada! I wish I could see one down here. I can barely find 86-89 fwd celica parts.

Rick89GTS

AWDtoyota":3uk7scij said:
Rick89GTS wrote:
Yes. I saw a pair in the junkyard but I'm in Canada and the cost of shipping would be crazy high

You have all-tracs in the junkyards in Canada! I wish I could see one down here. I can barely find 86-89 fwd celica parts.

Well, it's not a common thing. There's only one that I have seen and the both doors were still intact last time I checked.

Howie

I wouldnt need the whole doors just the 2 plastic peices off of them. It wouldnt cost that much using Fedex if thats an option. I had both the front and rear bumper covers, both side skirt peices, and the 4 small fender and rear side peices shipped to me from California to Kentucky all at once, in one box, for about $140. These 2 peices together in a box wouldnt cost that much to ship, i would be surprised if it was over $30 as they are not that long and not heavy.

Any chance you could contact them and see how much they want for the 2 peices off the doors? Assuming there not damaged, meaning busted up, etc. Or a phone number to the junkyard would help and maybe i could contact them. These 2 peices are all i like in having a complete 165 body kit.

Rick89GTS

Howie,
I'm gonna be near that junkyard so I'll ask what price and get back to you. BTW, they are white colored.

Rick89GTS

Plex":x2paefdg said:
OMG they sent an all trac to the crusher? they obviously didn't know what they had lol
Yeah, they were a bunch of goofs. The engine was gone but there were lots of usable parts leftover. The owners always jacked up their prices, though, so I shopped down the road at another place. Too bad.

Howie

theres a alltrac here in town in a junkyard, i can find out prices if needed. its red.

Thanks, see how much they are. I wouldnt know what these are worth used and color doesnt matter nor the condition of the paint as long as there not busted up or cracked. I would need any of the clips that fasten it to the door that can be salvaged.

I would be willing to spend up to $80-$120 for the pair which includes any shipping costs by Fedex as UPS is a joke.

If they want more than that then forget about it. Id say any cars void of many parts wont be sitting around junkyards long because the price is up and people are haulin them all off for scrap. I took a old 4 door car myself that i would have paid someone to come get and got $70 for it with no engine or trans.

turbocraiger

hey howie did you ever get the pieces you were after, i used to work at a junkyard that had 2!!!!!! 88 st165 i bought them both from the same guy
then BSd the owner of the junkyard into selling me the one that still ran
$500 BABY!!!!
anways the other AT was still there last time i went in for parts, if you want me to check its only 10 mins from me.....more than willing to check

Rick89GTS

turbocraiger":3qmoqjwe said:
hey howie did you ever get the pieces you were after, i used to work at a junkyard that had 2!!!!!! 88 st165 i bought them both from the same guy
then BSd the owner of the junkyard into selling me the one that still ran
$500 BABY!!!!
anways the other AT was still there last time i went in for parts, if you want me to check its only 10 mins from me.....more than willing to check
Nice score, you lucky bastard!
I've only ever seen one ST165 in the junkyard and it was stripped.
Are you restoring your C$500 AllTrac?