Carbon Fiber CS hood

b00staholic

I'm in as long as its an identical replica.

Could there be different options for the hoods?

For example, I for one don't want any holes drilled for windshield sprayer nozzles.

But I would like pre-drilled holes for hood pins.

Smaay

Ok im taking my hood to FI tomorrow, and ill ask all these questions...im shooting for a single piece looking like multiple pieces, ans about the washer nossels and hood pins...

Cids185

Count me in on this hood thing!! I would love to have the wiper nozzles though so pre-drilled holes for them and hood pins would be great. Also, what kind of price range are we looking at?? Thanks for doing this.

turbo4wd

Cids185":1mr39ncj said:
Also, what kind of price range are we looking at?? Thanks for doing this.

"...If i can get 10 people buying a hood the price will be around 400 dollars..."

:wink:

A

Anonymous

turbo4wd":954mqvjt said:
Cids185":954mqvjt said:
Also, what kind of price range are we looking at?? Thanks for doing this.

"...If i can get 10 people buying a hood the price will be around 400 dollars..."

:wink:

Maybe I'm just getting a little excited :twisted:

Cids185

Sorry, that was me. But what would the price be if we don't make the 10?? I'm pretty sure there are others lurking around waiting. It will be so badass to finally have a decent CF replica of the CS/RC/GRPA hood instead of that Seibon hood. I've seen both versions, and the quality is not bad. It's just the dimensions of the CS is half-ass for $600. I mean, what the hell are we?? Riceboys??

illGT4

I fail to see what is so horribly wrong with the Seibon hood.

Maybe I just haven't seen the bad pics....

Everyone slams them b/c their first version WAS crappy... BUT didn't they fix that problem? I believe that they did.

Either way.. I don't think there is going to be much of a problem finding 10 guys that want an CS / RC / Grp A clone in CF.

IF F.I. works is good, I'll buy one just to buy one.

turbo4wd

Cids185":3imkvpw9 said:
Sorry, that was me. But what would the price be if we don't make the 10??

"...ok I have the funds to get this going...i can afford to pay for the molds to be made and have 10 hoods made, i just dont want to be left with hoods in my garage...and out a lot of $$$..so serious inqueries and maybe a deposit will be asked for later...let me get more information from Fiber images..."

cmon cid, read thru the thread man.. :p

Cids185

Oh great. I should lay off drinking during office hours. Thanks Dan.

Chris, I'm not slamming on the Seibon hoods. I think the quality is good. Although I don't recall them fixing the dimension issues with the CS/RC replica. Although I did see two Seibon All-Trac hoods with large "seam runs" down the middle of the hood. It could've been early production models though :shrug:

turbo4wd

illGT4":1rwpht11 said:
Everyone slams them b/c their first version WAS crappy... BUT didn't they fix that problem? I believe that they did..

As far as I know, they did not fix the problem with the dimensions of the CS hood being WAY off..

CMS-GT4

I sure would love to see a 10lb one. Even if I only put it on for race day and used my facotry RC hood for daily driving, its still worth having.

rightrac

maybe those of us in the north east could save on shipping by shipping them together? that would be additional hotness. :D

BraveUlysses

To clarify on the Seibon hoods: The Gt-four/alltrac hoods are awful. Both the scoop and vents are horribly oversized. The scoop takes up almost all the space between the vents, which we all know isn't how they should look.

Furthermore fitment of the hoods is still not very good--nowhere near OEM specs.

The CS version they have on their website looks okay, but I'm guessing they managed to fuck that one up too.

illGT4

BraveUlysses":2icl6jhr said:
To clarify on the Seibon hoods: The Gt-four/alltrac hoods are awful. Both the scoop and vents are horribly oversized. The scoop takes up almost all the space between the vents, which we all know isn't how they should look.

Furthermore fitment of the hoods is still not very good--nowhere near OEM specs.

The CS version they have on their website looks okay, but I'm guessing they managed to fuck that one up too.

Man that sucks. THe ones they have on the website now look fine. I dunno...

Really sucks b/c they have a rear hatch for the Z too :(
(OT link for coldiron :) http://www.seibon.com/pdut_detail_pic2.asp?ItemID=325 )

Smaay

Ok i dropped off the hood at Fiber Images...They say that the hood will be fairly easy to make...the molds gonna cost about 2400 bucks though...im shooting for the bulge, hood, lip, and vents to be one piece, but with boarders....the hood spoiler will be a seperate piece...ill have more information tomorrow...

depending on prices and the molds, i might be asking for a deposit on these. we'll see

turbo4wd

Smaay":1yal51tb said:
Ok i dropped off the hood at Fiber Images...They say that the hood will be fairly easy to make...the molds gonna cost about 2400 bucks though...im shooting for the bulge, hood, lip, and vents to be one piece, but with boarders....the hood spoiler will be a seperate piece...ill have more information tomorrow...

depending on prices and the molds, i might be asking for a deposit on these. we'll see

I would think FI would cover the cost of the mold since THEY will be making hoods and offering them to the public to recoup their investment.. I've never heard of a company asking an individual to pay for a mold.. That would mean you would own the mold.. and the rights to use it.. essentially youre paying them a fee for their service to create a mold for you..

and on a different note..

hopefully you'll have finalized info by the time we have our so cali bbq/meet.. you'll be able to tell a whole lot of others in person.. :D