"IMSA GTO CHAMPION"

jo88

dose "IMSA GTO CHAMPION" stickers mean anything on an 88 alltrac?
Friend told me they are old TRD stickers.

I'm not entirely sure. I have seen one ST165 with those stickers, however, so if they're on more than one car(and I'm sure you're not talking about a white ST165 in Colorado Springs, CO), that might mean something. I was kind of curious as to what they are, but I know what you're talking about.
Edit: Did a little looking online... Toyota raced some sort of 4th-gen Celica on the GTO circuits; it was turbo, but I doubt it was a GT-Four. Actually, the Aeroform body kit for our cars was inspired by styling from the GTO race car. Maybe the stickers are a homage to that?

toytech

The alltrac st165 I have has those stickers too, don't know iff they are original though. It is also white.

alltrac.net

After seeing more then one IMSA edition celica, all I have found in common is a sticker package.

They add the stickers on the fender and on the front grill, to make it look white. Each one I have seen is the same.

Think of it like the TRD off road sticker they put on some of the Toyota trucks.

Cos

A friend of mine had one of these way back when. Compared to mine, his had A different type of OEM exhaust, and he also had more turbo lag, but more grunt and go...I have heard rumors that they were special editions with more power...have searched the internet and found nothing on an IMSA GTO package....

Rick89GTS

Cos":q9qfh7cx said:
....I have heard rumors that they were special editions with more power...have searched the internet and found nothing on an IMSA GTO package....

I have the orginal factory sales brochure and it doesn't have anything on it. Maybe it was a local dealer option or promo package?

alltrac.net

It might have been a socal thing around the time of the IMSA car.

I saw a bone stock one here, and didn't see any engine differences, just the sticker package.

Hm.... the one I've seen around here looks and sounds like it has a different exhaust, but I'm just about certain that the thing's aftermarket.